Thread: Grizzly hunting

Grizzly hunting

Hey guys. Won a LEH for 3-44. Going to start hunting from middle of April.. what do you think, area around river would be good to start? Or I should look more for open areas with a good grass first? What's the population of bears at that area? I'll have my black bear tag as well, but I am focusing on a Grizzly first , as it's my dream.
    Is anyone else going there for LEH? Thank you

2. Site Sponsor

Re: Grizzly hunting

Don't know much about the area, but I'd say hunt the grass up areas, in slides, or clear cuts, south facing, is what I've been told for griz, which makes perfect sense, and can be similar to hunting blackies in that regard..

Yeah, I've read about that too, but there is a river too. Bears love to hang out on riversides.

Quote Originally Posted by Dorarem View Post
    Yeah, I've read about that too, but there is a river too. Bears love to hang out on riversides.
    They do love rivers, typically when the salmon are running. Which is not typically in the spring.

In the spring, go green

Hmm definitely grizzlies in the area.your getting exellent" advice from drillbit"..they will hit wet areas for skunk cabbage and fiddlehead" to remove the fecal plug.then go green south facing slides.
    Good luck..Congradulations on the tag
    Srupp

Thank you. What do u think about dates? Should I start from beginning of April? It's pretty high evaluation, and I heard there is still snow up on hills in area.

Quote Originally Posted by Dorarem View Post
    Thank you. What do u think about dates? Should I start from beginning of April? It's pretty high evaluation, and I heard there is still snow up on hills in area.
    You won't make it anywhere in the beginning of April round there, If you're just gonna do one trip I'd go quite a bit later.

Hmmm please send a PM with a ph number, I will call..
    Dates..25 may.
    Cheers
    Srupp

Hey guys saw a couple of you coming through the Fork last night all loaded for Bear - Grizzly that is heading through to the Koots I would imagine, good luck all and be safe all. (Lucky buggers)