My experience here in the Creston valley is that permission to hunt on private land is difficult to come by. If you were born here you'll likely have some connections otherwise you'll be knocking on quite a few doors before you get a yes. The local CO gives a yearly briefing to the Rod and Gun Club and with all the trespassing that's been going on, many of the larger farmers have had it with "hunters"(poachers). West Creston was specifically mentioned a couple of years ago. A large number of smaller holdings are owned by early retirees from larger cities and won't allow hunting. I have permission on a couple of parcels but to tell you the truth I prefer crown land, there are fewer birds and they are a lot harder to hunt but you won't see houses, hear cars, or have to worry about where the horses have got to. I'm not saying there aren't turkeys here to hunt but if you're betting on coming and hunting private land you really should have it all lined up by now, like it was mentioned before a lot of people on the smaller parcels actually feed these turkeys and protect them. They do not want them shot.