Thread: Best heated jacket for a.t.v equipped with plug in.

Best heated jacket for a.t.v equipped with plug in.

Just curious as to what your guys opinions are regarding heated jackets on those super cold days.
    Sometimes she goes, sometimes she don't go. That's just the way she goes Ricky

2. Site Sponsor

Re: Best heated jacket for a.t.v equipped with plug in.

Had heated vest back in the 80s for riding motorcyle's, they were made in Maple Valley, Washington, never a cold ride with it on. Made our own plug in or could be wired directly to battery.

Approx. 4 years ago picked up a rechargeable battery powered heated vest for my wife from Canada Motorcycle. Works well.
    A google search shows they changed their name to fortnine http://fortnine.ca
    Look under motorcycle, accessories, heated gear.
    Hopefully something there works for you.

I have a couple 12 volt vests, and there the cats ass if your riding around on a quad in cold weather! Only draw back is theirs no heat setting? I just keep unplugging mine when I start to smell like a steak on high heat. So with the heated vest, windshield, hand and thumb warmers, electric socks of course and my 12 volt coffee mug, I'm out there for the long haul! Over the years I've had lots of guys tell me you don't need all that crap on a quad, just dress right and you won't get cold they tell me! But, when the ruts on and it's minus 10 or 15 out, there not out looking for that record book mulie, there sitting at home looking out the window at me and my buddys going hunting, go figger,Eh? And as far as I can remember, you suppose to wire it directly to the battery, on both quads I have the flat two connectors sticking out between the top of the seat and gas tank, no problems yet.

Quote Originally Posted by M.Dean View Post
    I have a couple 12 volt vests, and there the cats ass if your riding around on a quad in cold weather! Only draw back is theirs no heat setting? I just keep unplugging mine when I start to smell like a steak on high heat. So with the heated vest, windshield, hand and thumb warmers, electric socks of course and my 12 volt coffee mug, I'm out there for the long haul! Over the years I've had lots of guys tell me you don't need all that crap on a quad, just dress right and you won't get cold they tell me! But, when the ruts on and it's minus 10 or 15 out, there not out looking for that record book mulie, there sitting at home looking out the window at me and my buddys going hunting, go figger,Eh? And as far as I can remember, you suppose to wire it directly to the battery, on both quads I have the flat two connectors sticking out between the top of the seat and gas tank, no problems yet.
    I'm a sparky, should be able to rig up something to reduce power output. I totally agree, why not have the warmth and not need it as opposed to need it and not have it.
    Sometimes she goes, sometimes she don't go. That's just the way she goes Ricky

Have you looked into the Milwaukee gear?
    https://www.milwaukeetool.com/heated-gear

I have the Milwaukee heated hoody. does a good job, three settings. you can buy an added accessory to use the full size batteries over the lil guys. will be trying that out next year.

I've been using this guy for over a year now with zero issues and just loving it, also proudly made in Errington B.C. !

http://electrowear.ca/customer/collar_jacket.php

Great heat coverage across everywhere on the upper torso right down to the wrist, also compared to many other brands the power consumption (58 watts) is a lot lower then leading brands at 90watt's or higher.

Rode the sea to sky highway and all over the place this winter provided roads weren't snow or total ice rinks on my KLX250S and all I wore over the vest was a Mesh street jacket with its liner in and a cheap CMC outer jacket just in case it rained.

I'm not running a heater controller so I installed a little on/off switch so I plug it in when I get riding and toggle it on and off like my oxford heated grips I also use. Get nice and hot, turn it off and I stay warm for a bit or just leave it on full time to stay TOASTY!

Sounds like a great xmas gift idea.............hint hint

KMS Tool has a sale, Home Depot has stock too

Never say whoa in the middle of a mud hole

I have an '08 Can-Am , it has something like 36 watts extra. I added 32 watts of driving lights. But you should look up your ride.