Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Boat delivery time

Boat delivery time

Hi everyone. I have a question. I bought a new boat at the outdoor show in Abby a week and a half ago. I bought the boat they had at the show the on difference was i asked for a different motor which they had in stock. The question is what is a reasonable amount of time to wait before I can pick it up?
    The only thing ibhave been told is the salesman say he should know this week when it will be ready. To me this is too long but it is the first new boat i have purchased..
    Thanks for your insight

2. Site Sponsor

Re: Boat delivery time

Should of been completed in a week unless the motor had to be shipped from somewhere else.
    If you can pack it in, You can pack it out !!!

UNITED WE STAND, DIVIDED WE FALL !!!

BCWF
    WSSBC
    CCFR
    " The secret of change is to focus all your energy, not on fighting the old, but building on the new"
    Socrates.

Thats what i thought.

Central Interior of our beautiful british columbia.

Maybe should have got a delivery time on it from the salesman? If they do not deliver on the agreed time, some for of restitution should be given? If you left the delivery time open ended, I wouldn't get too pissed! Just my 0.02!
    "A good day hunting is mud on your truck or blood on your hands"

“Some people go to church and think about hunting……………others go hunting and think about God!”

It's actually called the 375 "ouch and ouch"!!

"Not asking for any spots or anything like that............................................"

Lucky for you, weather has been lousy.

I'd call the salesman and get a firm date. You are the guy writing the check, not unreasonable to ask for good information.
    Is Justin Competent, or just incompetent?

I've been trying to get a firm date, he keeps saying he'll find out. Wonder If I tell him I'm going to cancel the purchase and ask for my deposit back if that would encourage him to get it done quicker

Quote Originally Posted by mcmullmar View Post
    I've been trying to get a firm date, he keeps saying he'll find out. Wonder If I tell him I'm going to cancel the purchase and ask for my deposit back if that would encourage him to get it done quicker
    100%. Your leverage is at its highest now. Tell him you aren't being unreasonable, just looking for a firm date so you can organize your life around your new ride. If he doesn't give it to you ask for his manager.

At some point you're going to start wondering if they sold that boat to more than one person at the boat show and now they are scrambling to fill the orders.
    Is Justin Competent, or just incompetent?

Doesn't matter what you purchase now adays the majority of retailers don't hold inventory.Far to expensive to lay out funds ,then they have to pay storage until the items sold..."Just in time"delivery is the norm and of course the seller wont tell you that.
    Adding on an engine change will add more delay
    good luck

takla
    If it don't have a throttle,tits or a trigger I'm pretty much uninterested
    Never was there a time when I did not exist, nor you, nor in the future shall any of us cease to be.

there could be all sorts of reasons the boat and engine combo isn't in yet have a talk with them and they might even throw in a few life jackets or tanks etc .
    Any ways congrats on the new boat
    “Life moves pretty fast. If you don’t stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it.”

It will be howling SE all week. Who cares if you get it right now lol
    Quote Originally Posted by Bear Brawler View Post
    Just lob a couple loaded mouse traps at em like you're playing horse shoes. More humane than bouncing darts off them.