Page 13 of 14 FirstFirst ... 311121314 LastLast

Thread: Jelvis shows spots for hunting near Kamloops center out for mule deer Region 3

Re: Jelvis shows spots for hunting near Kamloops center out for mule deer Region 3

Quote Originally Posted by Onomos View Post
    Jelvis and others.

Just saw this thread. I am a new member and I am happy to see that folks here are willing to share insights and spots. I have been hunting for almost 35 years and I am always willing to share and mentor new hunters and encourage them not to give up. Tenacity is a virtue all hunters have and one that should be encouraged to those who will take up the hunt after we all are long gone. I understand the frustration and reasoning of some members who say great hunting spots should remain sacred. We are all a bit like that and there is nothing wrong with that. But one other thing we all have in common is the pride we take in sharing the knowledge we have gained over the many years in the bush with those near and dear to us. By sharing with others, Jelvis and those like minded men and women are keeping the faith and showing those outside the hunting community that we are indeed family and hope for others to be part of this family. Jelvis ---- we thank you!
    I think people are annoyed not just at the loose lip routine, but the fact hes putting his painfully stupid twist on info taken from an 30+ year old book, much of it irrelevant now.
    Last edited by J_06; 10-13-2017 at 08:49 PM.

Re: Jelvis shows spots for hunting near Kamloops center out for mule deer Region 3

It is not loose lips if you found the area yourself.

I will never betray a spot I've been taken to, but if I find a spot on my own I can share it with whoever I damn well please.

Send me a PM if you want all my hot spots on the Ladner marsh.
    Is Justin Competent, or just incompetent?

Such good entertainment for the folks that actually believe what they read on the interweb. Thanks for the good laugh Jel!

Hey I bumped this thread because of thee new regulations with no atv's in 3-28. This Sept 1st til Dec 10, no atv's now
    So a stalker, a walker, a tracker will be in muley heaven, from the beginning to thee end, bring a friend --------------------stay in Kammy or Barriere -- read thread.
    Combine this thread with thee Skull thread and the buck fever one, and know where your going. You can hunt in November if you want, track a buck in the fresh snow.
    Jel -- we're going to get us a big bruiser, mule buck, with a lil luck and chance up Camp Nine and Wolsey, Rexford and the 9.
    Last edited by Jelvis; 07-07-2018 at 07:32 PM. Reason: Tracking a big mule buck in fresh snow up Camp 9 outta this world

Quote Originally Posted by Stew View Post
    Still blabbing about reg3 areas hey Jorge (jelvis)hopefully you get pissy again and go away for good next time
    Why? What did he do? A couple of the spots mentioned have produced for me for sure. Just not gonna say which ones.

Quote Originally Posted by Jelvis View Post
    Hey I bumped this thread because of thee new regulations with no atv's in 3-28. This Sept 1st til Dec 10, no atv's now
    So a stalker, a walker, a tracker will be in muley heaven, from the beginning to thee end, bring a friend --------------------stay in Kammy or Barriere -- read thread.
    Combine this thread with thee Skull thread and the buck fever one, and know where your going. You can hunt in November if you want, track a buck in the fresh snow.
    Jel -- we're going to get us a big bruiser, mule buck, with a lil luck and chance up Camp Nine and Wolsey, Rexford and the 9.

Great stuff Jelvis, As a young guy that has no hunters in the family or prospects for a mentor, I really appreciate some insight!

Chris,

All I can say Jelly, you may have to rewrite some of this stuff if they start logging off all those mature fir stands etc below 1500m mark in the winter range habitat areas.
    I already saw my area being "taped off" for cut blocks.
    Once that happens, and the fact that the entire plateau has been leveled, I doubt anything will be normal up there again for
    50 years.

There’s two less muly bucks up sabiston rd this week....great hunt ,saw lots of does and the big bucks will be there soon.Just got to get off the road and walk a bit.Saw a rattlesnake too...

Quote Originally Posted by ratherbefishin View Post
    There’s two less muly bucks up sabiston rd this week....great hunt ,saw lots of does and the big bucks will be there soon.Just got to get off the road and walk a bit.Saw a rattlesnake too...
    How's the wolf activity been?, seeing any current sign?

Very timely thread Jel thanks for the bump. We're just ready to do our annual Coasties and Islanders trip up to the infamous region 3! We're all about doing our part for climate change so we're car pooling. We've got a 60 passenger bus hired, may have to add another as confirmations roll in, we'll see abou that... And two of the bros are bringing their B train semis that'll hold all the atvs etc Ya so anyways thanks again we'll have this thread up on the big screen for sure as we travel on up
    its gonna take a life time to hunt and fish all this