Page 1 of 14 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Jelvis shows spots for hunting near Kamloops center out for mule deer Region 3

Jelvis shows spots for hunting near Kamloops center out for mule deer Region 3

-=-ll--------> " Hi everyone" we love mule deer hunting I got to keep my hands busy so I got this thread for you, started. Mule deer in all shapes and sizes muley hunters. First buck to "Four Point Paradise" I am going to pin-point spots using k's and miles and yards and metres.
    -- I will add to it as we go. Takes time but hey I got time. Hunted these spots too, saw many. --
    --=ll------------------> Region 3 is thee most pleasant hunting area in B.C. <--------------------ll-=
    # - Mule deer are found all around Kamloops. In (all directions. North, south east and west.) - #
    This is (beautiful country to hunt) and holds fair to good muley's and blue grouse hunting.
    We start with M.U. 3-19 - Savona - Tunkwa Lake
    --=ll------------> The Summer Range road leaves Hwy 1 just east of Savona, following the old trans Canada Hwy uphill you'll see the broken old hard surface of the old road. First turnoff right from old Hwy, just above the steepest hill runs up thru ranch land, beside a small creek.
    --> Ridges (on either side of this small valley are good mule deer) and blue grouse hunting, depending on how far you are going to hike.
    ---//-------------------->( Good late season trophy bucks in this area )<----------------------------//--
    +++---------------- ( Mu 3-19 lies left of Guichon Creek (3-18 on the right. )------------------------+++
    - =//----------------->If you go past Tunkwa Lake you hit Logan Lake road <-------------------//=-
    Jel -- big buck mules rule the two ridges here especially after snows and the rut comes. Don't bang a huge Blue grouse when yah see them tho, --- could scare a monster mule buck away.
    Last edited by Jelvis; 03-14-2017 at 09:32 PM. Reason: Savona you'll see the gas station by the Summers road.

2. Site Sponsor

Re: Jelvis shows spots for hunting near Kamloops center out for mule deer Region 3

most excellent and thank you. never had the chance to get into those areas ,but they have a great reputation.

Re: Jelvis shows spots for hunting near Kamloops center out for mule deer Region 3

northern most drive right by and don't realize the bucks in here. Use to be a gun range there years ago.
    The Summers road and up between the valley and park and start walkin in and see some of the most fascinating country in the entire world why? This word Savano means the environment there, the dirt the plants the animals are all from this dirt called Savano a type of climate and land. makes it unique.
    == Ah let me say I did get lucky there and so did many friends over the years.
    -- Close to Vancouver a short drive from rain country in Van to mule deer paradise, open ridges and yellow grass with pleasant walking and Bambo, no need to walk far off, just on the ridges around the road there.
    This is one of the nicest mule deer spots around anywhere.
    Jel -- Durand Creek is the name -- and it izzz hot if you love mule deer -- and blues

What about deadman
    I like drinking beer and whiskey, shooting guns, jetboating, love a nice rack and a tight line, I am simply a sophisticated redneck...

Will be following this thread following Jellys trail of bread.
    ~Wes

What a crock o $hit, everybody knows Loon Lake continue's to be THE big muley buck hotspot! K

We're going where the mule deer are, hunters. Can I get an Amen? I see that hand.
    -- I see those hands Yes in the back, " Ahhh where are the biggest bucks found Jelly?
    That's what this thread is about junior, we're going in every MU surrounding and pounding Kamloops BC
    -- We're helping mule deer hunter beginners to be winners, the casual muley hunter will be blown away with visions of 155's coming alive, mule hunters of renown acting like a circus clown when he or she see's the 200 muley typ give em the slip.
    Jelvis -- Mules in Region 3, you gotta see -- are yah comin inn with me? -- It's time
    Last edited by Jelvis; 03-13-2017 at 09:33 PM. Reason: MONSTER BUCKATOIDS

Jelvis at his best. Laying out the years of scouting for the hungry to learn.

Good on you Jell-man.
    Is Justin Competent, or just incompetent?

Which MU around Kammy are we heading into next?
    How bout MU 3-28 coming up soon
    Jelly and the Mule Deer on the Westsyde of the North Thompson River out of Kamloops next

=///===============> MU 3-28 Westsyde - Little Fort <=====================///=

- This long narrow unit runs along the west side of the North Thompson River from Westsyde ( North Kamloops) to Little fort. Many logging roads cut back to hilly country above the road to west. Fair muleys in here with some mooses too.
    I would recommend heading up Dairy Creek road, this is where the experienced Italian hunters that I know in kammy go every time. Drive up obey first sign on distance till able to shoot ( 9k and past) measure on a map 9k up Dairy Road, good spot and all season, but real good late in a foot of snow.
    --- Jamieson Creek is nice too, butt ( washed out now ) down by Kamloops but can reach it at top end still.
    --- You can go up Poison Creek which iz a proven spot for nice mules.
    I would tend to hunt Skull Mtn later and look for some fine bucks in the old burn about ten years old.
    Elbow lake ( Called Crooked by locals) has been a reputable mule deer and grouse spot. By Skull.
    No need to go farther out of kammy for great mule deer country. Kamloops iz mule deer country.
    --Look these spots up on a Kamloops area map and check out the road in and it takes 45 min to get to Barriere from kammy, no big deal. These spots are all between Kammy and Skull Mtn by Barriere.
    I'll come back here and we'll tighten it up a bit, nuff 4 now on MU 3-28 the muley topography 100%
    Jellz Bellz
    Last edited by Jelvis; 07-07-2018 at 06:29 PM. Reason: MU 3-28 Rocks 4 Mules