Thread: Off Road Tent Trailer

Off Road Tent Trailer

Sold my big trailer and looking to downsize. Who has a off road designed tent trailer? Jayco, Starcraft and Palomino are a few I'm looking for. Experiences...good and or bad?? Who wants to sell me theirs?
    Proud Meatarian for 36 years running!
    Its a concious decision.

2. Site Sponsor

Re: Off Road Tent Trailer

I have a Starcraft RT 10 with upgraded springs, would love to sell it to you but currently located in Whitehorse.....

Don't get a tent trailer. Too much work. We went back to tenting. I'm gathering parts to build a small hard-walled trailer that will be a glorified tent on wheels though since we do miss the furnace.

We used a Jayco Baja. It had the quad deck out front which we used for carrying gear. Only had a cherokee to tow it but it worked great. Loved it's ability to go places our new trailer won't even go near. The downside was not being able to properly dry it once home. It was a big bugger and wouldn't fit in the garage. If I had a big shop or barn I'd have kept it.
    Take a kid hunting its more rewarding than shooting an animal yourself!!

I believe forest river makes tent trailers with some cargo deck.

If you are serious off roading, an Aussie camping trailer works better. Or a roof top tent. We've done the roof top tent in Africa and Oz.

I put a frame , 3500# axel with brakes, and 13" wheels under a 8' Bonair. We took it down almost every back road in BC. You can park a tent trailer in places where the only other way you could sleep there is by standing up all night. No trailer, No camper, No tent. The down sides are drying it out , and packing up. Setting up times for a camp are all pretty similar.

3/4 of a degree North of 60, and a little west of 135

why not a camper on the back of the truck?

I was trying to figure out that way to go, and just recently bought a capmper for my truck so I can tow my car trailer out loaded with ATV, or tracker or other gear
    First year hunting 2016. Trips scouting/hunting 35. km driven 4500km. moose count 2 (our group got). grouse count 5

Experience gained and ready to be used for 2017...priceless.

2017 Results
    Trips out scouting 4 (2100km)
    trips hunting 1 (4200km)
    1 bison
    4 rabbits
    16 grouse