Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Fair trade. Monarch 3 for zeiss terra

Re: Fair trade. Monarch 3 for zeiss terra

I have a terra, happy with it so far, chose it over the monarch.

I had a Terra on my K31 that shook the cross hairs loose within 6 months. When I sent it back for warranty, they told me it could take up to 8 or 9 months. I bought a Nikon Monarch 3 and have never looked back - I own two Monarchs and 2 Prostaffs now. My K31 has had a Prostaff running flawless on it for over a year. My Monarchs have been dropped from the boot off my quad at 30kph, out in the freezing cold, fallen off limbs on a tree - and always held zero; they are quite clear and allow a lot of light in as well - much better than a Terra in poor light. I highly recommend them over a Terra.

When my Terra finally got back from warranty (only took just over 2 months), I have relegated it to a 7.62*39 rifle for my sons, I figure it can handle that recoil.

Quote Originally Posted by Zedbra View Post
    I had a Terra on my K31 that shook the cross hairs loose within 6 months. When I sent it back for warranty, they told me it could take up to 8 or 9 months. I bought a Nikon Monarch 3 and have never looked back - I own two Monarchs and 2 Prostaffs now. My K31 has had a Prostaff running flawless on it for over a year. My Monarchs have been dropped from the boot off my quad at 30kph, out in the freezing cold, fallen off limbs on a tree - and always held zero; they are quite clear and allow a lot of light in as well - much better than a Terra in poor light. I highly recommend them over a Terra.

When my Terra finally got back from warranty (only took just over 2 months), I have relegated it to a 7.62*39 rifle for my sons, I figure it can handle that recoil.
    Yes I like the monarchs as well, have 2-10s on my 340 weatherby and my 300 bee. So I bought this 4-16 for my .257 bee but its got a heavier reticle and I don't like it. I figured it would be the same reticle as the 2-10s. But they can take the recoil and have lots of eye relief. I just bought a 2-10 conquest hd5 on sale and its on my 7mm bee, so he how it holds up but its much superior IMO.

Central Interior of our beautiful british columbia.

Quote Originally Posted by Zedbra View Post

Sounds like you need a vortex or leupold since your guns spend so much time on the ground?!!
    "A good day hunting is mud on your truck or blood on your hands"

“Some people go to church and think about hunting……………others go hunting and think about God!”

It's actually called the 375 "ouch and ouch"!!

"Not asking for any spots or anything like that............................................"

Quote Originally Posted by moosinaround View Post
    Sounds like you need a vortex or leupold since your guns spend so much time on the ground?!!
    Can't tell if sarcastic, but should I end this with a question mark like you prefer to do?