Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Confused with response!!

Re: Confused with response!!

Quote Originally Posted by Fisher-Dude View Post
    You sent it to her constituency office.

They forwarded it to the campaign office because that's who handles election policy/platform questions.

Standard procedure in an election year for all candidates.
    Thanks, I guess that is how they come up with answers that are party answers not necessarily an individuals opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by campking View Post
    Thanks, I guess that is how they come up with answers that are party answers not necessarily an individuals opinion.
    They have to be careful during election years to distinguish between ongoing gov't business and party platform/policy.

Ongoing gov't business is paid for by taxpayers and can be dealt with by taxpayer paid constituency offices.

Party platform/policy is paid for by the party and is what they pitch to get elected, and is thus dealt with by campaign offices. I think that's what the questions relate to.

Good on ya for taking that important step to engage your politicians in the discussion. Keep on 'em!
    Quote Originally Posted by chevy
    Sorry!!!! but in all honesty, i could care less,, what todbartell! actually thinks
    Quote Originally Posted by Will View Post
    but man how much pepporoni can your arshole take anyways !

Quote Originally Posted by Seeker View Post
    SHOW UP with stats that illustrate Linda Reimer won her riding by only 347 votes out of 21 000 that turned out. You may then want to politely remind her that your F&G club alone could determine the outcome of her riding......just saying

http://elections.bc.ca/docs/rpt/2013GE/POM.pdf

There are about 15 ridings that were decided in 2013 by less than a 1000 votes. There was over 100 000 hunters and over 200 000 fishermen/women and all we need to do is influence 7 of those 15 ridings and the election results would have swapped from Liberal to NDP. I am not soliciting any one party over another, I simply WANT more wildlife, but it is ridings exactly likes hers that have the potential to produce the biggest push for our cause. Approach the NDP candidate in the same riding and have those same questions answered. Present answers from one party to the other candidates and see how the respond. Make it clear your vote hinges on the answers. If they don't answer and you are truly passionate about wildlife, your choice is then that much easier.
    I agree..........

Thanks for posting, If you don't mind I think I may approach our local MLA and deliver the same questions.

Quote Originally Posted by Linksman313 View Post
    Thanks for posting, If you don't mind I think I may approach our local MLA and deliver the same questions.
    Yes great idea, like I said I copied and pasted from a previous thread. Will be interesting to see the response you get.

The questions seem good to me, and they are going to take time to formulate a response as the yes/no questions are followed by why/how, so I would expect it to take a reasonable time to respond, good work campking!

Quote Originally Posted by 338win mag View Post
    The questions seem good to me, and they are going to take time to formulate a response as the yes/no questions are followed by why/how, so I would expect it to take a reasonable time to respond, good work campking!
    I will be very happy if I get a written response before the election date, but do not hold much hope! I am looking forward if I do get a response sharing it here.

I's put the tin foil hat away and not read too much into that response.

I think Fisher-Dude hit the nail on the head with what he wrote:

"They have to be careful during election years to distinguish between ongoing gov't business and party platform/policy.

Ongoing gov't business is paid for by taxpayers and can be dealt with by taxpayer paid constituency offices.

Party platform/policy is paid for by the party and is what they pitch to get elected, and is thus dealt with by campaign offices. I think that's what the questions relate to."

pension , pension , pension...........

the only way you will get them doing what the voter wants is to get rid of the party whip.as long as their is a whip no democracy.