Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Confused with response!!

Confused with response!!

I am confused from an earlier thread I cut and pasted the questions below as I thought they were very well written (better than I could do) and forwarded them to my MLA Linda Reimer and this is the response I got back.

Where I am confused if my district elected MLA does not answer questions regarding campaign related issues, how would I ever know what her thoughts are on questions I present to her?

Dear Miss Reimer;

Would you please be so kind to respond to the following questions.

PARTY AND CANDIDATE QUESTIONS FOR 2017 PROVINCIAL ELECTION

1. In terms of fish, wildlife and habitat, British Columbia is one of the most diverse jurisdictions in North America. At the same time, B.C. is one of the most under-funded jurisdictions in North America and has no dedicated funding model. Would you support increased funding for fish, wildlife and habitat (i.e. watershed, landscape) management? Yes/No/How?

2. Fish, wildlife and habitat management in B.C. are currently objectiveless. Many fish and wildlife populations are in decline, and some are at record lows. Cumulative effects in parts of British Columbia from unsustainable resource extraction, invasive species, over-allocation of water resources, and road densities have left our landscape “in the red”. Do you support legislated objectives for habitat, fish and wildlife populations? Yes/No/Why? How would you achieve them?

3. Many mountain caribou populations are at a record low and moose populations are in significant decline in parts of B.C. Science has shown anthropogenic change as the leading cause, as wolf predation has become a major source of mortality. Do you support predator management as a part of sustainable science-based wildlife management?

4. First Nations negotiations in B.C. are ongoing. These negotiations are Government to Government with no public transparency or consultation. This approach is divisive and is creating significant uncertainty and externalities due to a lack of public involvement. Do you believe the public should be involved or consulted, related to negotiations? Yes/No/Why/How?

5. Public access to public resources such as fish, wildlife, public roads, and campsites is a growing issue in British Columbia. For example, in 2015, government decided to award as much as 40 per cent of the wildlife allocation to guide-outfitters. Is public access to public resources, such as fishing, hunting, camping and hiking important to you? How will you deal with these issues?
    Thank You/Regards

Reimer.MLA, Linda
    2:07 PM (1 hour ago)

Thank you for your email.

I have forwarded your email to the campaign office as our office does not deal with campaign related issues.

You may contact them directly at 604-492-1299 or email at patrick.oconnor@shaw.ca

Kindly,
    Isabel

2. Site Sponsor

guest Guest

Re: Confused with response!!

At least you got some sort of response. Mine here in the lower mainland hasn't responded in any way shape or form. As far as I can see, our present Liberals could care less and are afraid to answer legitimate questions when it comes to residents requests compared to big business and dollars donated to their party.

putting our fees from tags and licensing back into wildlife is a no brainer, it's incredible to think this hasn't been done long ago.

Getting the users, mining, forestry, heli skiing, wildlife viewing etcetc to pay back ........

The he take take attitude is over, if our wildlife isn't getting some serious help soon, you can kiss it goodbye for our kids and our grand children.

Wake up politicians !

CT
    Last edited by guest; 03-13-2017 at 04:35 PM.

SHOW UP with stats that illustrate Linda Reimer won her riding by only 347 votes out of 21 000 that turned out. You may then want to politely remind her that your F&G club alone could determine the outcome of her riding......just saying

http://elections.bc.ca/docs/rpt/2013GE/POM.pdf

There are about 15 ridings that were decided in 2013 by less than a 1000 votes. There was over 100 000 hunters and over 200 000 fishermen/women and all we need to do is influence 7 of those 15 ridings and the election results would have swapped from Liberal to NDP. I am not soliciting any one party over another, I simply WANT more wildlife, but it is ridings exactly likes hers that have the potential to produce the biggest push for our cause. Approach the NDP candidate in the same riding and have those same questions answered. Present answers from one party to the other candidates and see how the respond. Make it clear your vote hinges on the answers. If they don't answer and you are truly passionate about wildlife, your choice is then that much easier.
    There was a time I thought all parties that cared for wildlife and habitat conservation could find common ground. I was wrong. Adapt....

She just used a nice way to quote Bill Bennett's "I don't give a shit".
    Growing old is unavoidable. Growing up is highly overrated....

They probably don't want to answer questions and can then rely on Plausible deniability. I had asked the federal candidate some questions and I got the party answer, I then said I knew what the party answer was I want your personal opinion. I also gave the reason I want to know because if you personally say one thing and vote against that to please the BOSS, Who then are you working for. The people who elect you, Or the boss to get that plum job.

Quote Originally Posted by goatdancer View Post
    She just used a nice way to quote Bill Bennett's "I don't give a shit".
    The more I think about it I think that is exactly what she said, sad but it is the reality of politics they simply don't give a shit or if they did when they ran they get tainted by being forced towing the party line!!

And that's why I said this issue should go straight to the media...somehow.
    Politicians just don't care, unless they are under the gun....gun being a camera and microphone.
    Atleast you tried.

All politicians are the same. They will kiss your A** to get your vote and after that you can kiss your A** goodbye.

You sent it to her constituency office.

They forwarded it to the campaign office because that's who handles election policy/platform questions.

Standard procedure in an election year for all candidates.
    Quote Originally Posted by chevy
    Sorry!!!! but in all honesty, i could care less,, what todbartell! actually thinks
    Quote Originally Posted by Will View Post
    but man how much pepporoni can your arshole take anyways !

good letter and excellent points. These would be hard to respond to for a politician because they would have to make a decision.