Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Shot Gun Wall Lock-- Legal in BC???

Re: Shot Gun Wall Lock-- Legal in BC???

Thank you for your answers. I can always count on this site for great responses.
    We had a conversation at work lunch break about this and you would be surprised how many shot guns are under peoples' beds. I think this is a better option then under a bed???
    Thanks again

It's by far a better option than a shotgun just laying around.

Ill spend the time in prison. Or the funds defending myself if it keeps my family safe.

I wouldnt dispatch an intruder for just entering. But if needed. I'd sooner be judged by 12 than carried by 6. Or worse yet my wife or kids carried to rest.

If if a guy wants to protect his own with a firearm. This is the most responsible way to go about it. But weather the chamber is empty or not. To be legal the firearm must be unloaded.

If you blew an unarmed intruders head off with a shotgun, you would be charged with murder and probably convicted. If he had a baseball bat or machete you wouldn't get charged.

It it has to be reasonable. Shoot for the leg or use the firearm to make the robber lie on his face until police arrive. Someone breaking into your house to steal something and feed their drug habit isn't usually interested in hurting anybody.

Pretty simple. Gun on wall safe is legal. Get family in one room and call the cops. Bad guy enters room and sees you armed amd keeps coming. He is taking his life in his own hands.

Realistically this is a pointless converstaion past the safe is legal. Most all of us would not heaitate if our kids were in danger. And would deal with it later.

Quote Originally Posted by sawmill View Post
    I have several swords, what if I cut an intruder in half? Do I get to keep my hunting rifle?
    If you kill someone, you will be going through the court system regardless of weapon used.
    Knowledgeable shooters agree- The 375 Ruger is the NEW KING of all 375 caliber cartridges. ALL HAIL THE NEW KING!

]
    Quote Originally Posted by Sharpish View Post
    If you blew an unarmed intruders head off with a shotgun, you would be charged with murder and probably convicted. If he had a baseball bat or machete you wouldn't get charged.
    Depends on who you are and the situation.

If you are a big guy (like me) and I shoot a skinny, unarmed 150 lb punk, then yeah, I'm probably going to have an issue.

A granny in a wheelchair that is confronted with the same person might be 100% justified in shooting him.

Now, how about if it's 3 150lb punks and they are acting aggressively and I feel the lives of myself, my wife and kids are in danger?

Nothing is really cut and dry

It it has to be reasonable. Shoot for the leg or use the firearm to make the robber lie on his face until police arrive. Someone breaking into your house to steal something and feed their drug habit isn't usually interested in hurting anybody.
    If you are going to use a weapon on someone, it's because you feel you have no other option to STOP the threat. (Remember, if you have to hurt someone in defense, you aren't "trying to kill them" etc- You are trying to STOP the threat. If the threat is bad enough that you need a firearm to resolve the issue, you don't aim for the leg, you shoot for center mass. Leg shooting may indicate you didn't think the threat was big enough to warrant using lethal force, and a firearm should be considered lethal force.
    Knowledgeable shooters agree- The 375 Ruger is the NEW KING of all 375 caliber cartridges. ALL HAIL THE NEW KING!

Law is not black and white, it's a shade of grey, and as long as you're walking on the lighter side and can successfully claim and prove your side of the story ...you're golden!
    Reason is not automatic. Those who deny it cannot be conquered by it.

Ayn Rand

The only time I would ever use a gun in defence in my own home is if my kids and wife where in danger. Then I would not hesitate to use any means of lethal force to protect them. A gun is always that last means.

harming someone should always be a last resort, but guns in the hands of those willing to use them tend to de-escalate things in a hurry. There are numerous surveillance videos (mostly from the USA) that show intruders tripping over themselves as they try to get away when someone starts shooting at them. Most often, nobody even gets hit, but those criminals are RUNNING!

Have a clean machette handy to put in the dead intruders hand. Problem solved.

I keep 2 on hand