Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Shot Gun Wall Lock-- Legal in BC???

Shot Gun Wall Lock-- Legal in BC???

http://www.hornady.com/store/RAPiD-S...tgun-Wall-Lock

I see that Grouse River have these on sale. Will these meet the requirements for having your guns locked??? These look great. By the time I go to the basement and unlock the gun safe it may be too late to confront an intruder. And yes, if I bought one I would not keep ammo in the chamber. I would think it would follow the "Displaying Firearms Safely" in the regulations. What are your thoughts?
    Thanks

2. Site Sponsor

Re: Shot Gun Wall Lock-- Legal in BC???

Should be O.K. Do you live in Surrey? If so GET ONE.
    Scars Are like Tattoos but With Better Stories

Not just legal in BC, but legal in all of Canada for complying with non restricted firearms storage or display.

Ammunition must be kept separate to comply with regulations.
    Knowledgeable shooters agree- The 375 Ruger is the NEW KING of all 375 caliber cartridges. ALL HAIL THE NEW KING!

Quote Originally Posted by dwayne26 View Post
    http://www.hornady.com/store/RAPiD-S...tgun-Wall-Lock

I see that Grouse River have these on sale. Will these meet the requirements for having your guns locked??? These look great. By the time I go to the basement and unlock the gun safe it may be too late to confront an intruder. And yes, if I bought one I would not keep ammo in the chamber. I would think it would follow the "Displaying Firearms Safely" in the regulations. What are your thoughts?
    Thanks
    You do realize that you can't use a firearm in self defence if someone breaks into your house. Good Ole Canadian laws will put you in jail and take your guns away. We don't live in Texas.

Quote Originally Posted by whitlers View Post
    You do realize that you can't use a firearm in self defence if someone breaks into your house. Good Ole Canadian laws will put you in jail and take your guns away. We don't live in Texas.
    You should educate yourself on the Canadian self defense laws.
    Knowledgeable shooters agree- The 375 Ruger is the NEW KING of all 375 caliber cartridges. ALL HAIL THE NEW KING!

True you might face a jury over self defense in your home. But at least you'll be alive to do so.

Quote Originally Posted by Gatehouse View Post
    You should educate yourself on the Canadian self defense laws.
    Reasonable force to protect yourself? It's all circumstantial of course. The problem arises when the intruder has no weapon and you have a gun...I know you can use reasonable force to defend yourself if you think you are in danger but I have a hard time believing you can get away with shooting someone in your house. Don't get me wrong. I wish I had more rights to defend myself and my property but I will assume that shooting someone will be termed excessive force.

Quote Originally Posted by whitlers View Post
    Reasonable force to protect yourself? It's all circumstantial of course. The problem arises when the intruder has no weapon and you have a gun...I know you can use reasonable force to defend yourself if you think you are in danger but I have a hard time believing you can get away with shooting someone in your house. Don't get me wrong. I wish I had more rights to defend myself and my property but I will assume that shooting someone will be termed excessive force.
    http://laws-lois.justice.gc.ca/eng/a...age-6.html#h-9

Fair enough but I have heard of cases where people have been charged with firearm related offences etc. Not to mention if you shoot someone in your home you are not off 'Scott free' you will still need to spend years in court and money for your defense.

I am just a fan of leaving the guns locked and safe. I would rather defend myself without a firearm unless absolutely necessary. Too many grey areas surrounding it.

I have several swords, what if I cut an intruder in half? Do I get to keep my hunting rifle?
    Scars Are like Tattoos but With Better Stories