Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: Shot Gun Wall Lock-- Legal in BC???

Re: Shot Gun Wall Lock-- Legal in BC???

Quote Originally Posted by dwayne26 View Post
    I have been told if it gets to the point where you had to discharge your firearm into an intruder , fire a round into the ceiling within 10 seconds right after the first shot. You will need to tell the judge that the first shot was fired into the ceiling as a warning shot and the intruder kept coming forward and the second shot was into the intruder. Your neighbors will hear the shots and confirm the shots were less than 10 seconds apart. Depending on if the intruder survives, it will be his word against yours. A jury will believe you.
    JUST NO NO NO!!!! "BE AWARE OF YOUR TARGET AND BEYOND". If your neighbors can hear that shot go off from inside your house they are in lethal range of the shot.

Where is that round going to come back down to earth?? How many blocks down the street? Unless you luck out and hit a few joist in the ceiling that round is going right through the ceiling and your roof and towards who knows where.........that action alone will show you disregarded the safety of anyone and everyone within range of that shot.

Even buckshot will go right through the roof and still be lethal to some distance.........CENTER MASS OF TARGET will have best chance of stopping or severely taking most of the energy of the round away from it reducing through and through effect going into other parts of your home or into other nearby dwellings.

NO WARNING SHOTS, if you can avoid firing your weapon at all cost it will stack in your favour in court.

If you really feel a warning shot is warranted, then SHOOT DOWNWARDS towards the floor provided people do not live below you so you can greatly reduce risk to others, ALWAYS hold everyone else's safety to the highest regard.

If the assailant still comes at you after presenting a firearm well so be it they are clearly not right in the head, or determined to take you out so there is not a witness to their crime so they can commit another illegal act another day.

Go talk to firearm instructors that teaches "USE OF FORCE" training and you'll really have your eyes and mind opened up regarding all sorts of situations that could arise and the court proceedings that will follow and what sort of outcomes different actions will bring.

Quote Originally Posted by grovecdn View Post
    JUST NO NO NO!!!! "BE AWARE OF YOUR TARGET AND BEYOND". If your neighbors can hear that shot go off from inside your house they are in lethal range of the shot.

Where is that round going to come back down to earth?? How many blocks down the street? Unless you luck out and hit a few joist in the ceiling that round is going right through the ceiling and your roof and towards who knows where.........that action alone will show you disregarded the safety of anyone and everyone within range of that shot.

Even buckshot will go right through the roof and still be lethal to some distance.........CENTER MASS OF TARGET will have best chance of stopping or severely taking most of the energy of the round away from it reducing through and through effect going into other parts of your home or into other nearby dwellings.

NO WARNING SHOTS, if you can avoid firing your weapon at all cost it will stack in your favour in court.

If you really feel a warning shot is warranted, then SHOOT DOWNWARDS towards the floor provided people do not live below you so you can greatly reduce risk to others, ALWAYS hold everyone else's safety to the highest regard.

If the assailant still comes at you after presenting a firearm well so be it they are clearly not right in the head, or determined to take you out so there is not a witness to their crime so they can commit another illegal act another day.

Go talk to firearm instructors that teaches "USE OF FORCE" training and you'll really have your eyes and mind opened up regarding all sorts of situations that could arise and the court proceedings that will follow and what sort of outcomes different actions will bring.
    The bullet won't be coming down at the same speed it went up. Mostly harmless at that point

A wall safe for your guns??? That's just plain dumb if you ask me! I can't remember even once going to bed without a firearm under the covers tucked in beside me? If it's loaded I keep it pointed downwards towards my feet, I'm a strong believer in gun safety! And another thing before my new pills kick in and I'm snor'in on the floor, again, now lets say there's a knock on my door at 2:30 am, Open up! Police! And in they come, muddy boots and all! First thing they see is a few rifles on the table, one behind every door and near every window, just incase, and one cop says were going to take these guns and charge you with "UnSafe Storage"! Too witch I reply" Kiss my Rosie Red, I'm cleaning all these weapons, Sir! And how in hell can I do that if there all locked up??? Also I'm in the house with my guns, and if I do leave the house every firearm is locked up! What's Illegal about that??? My point being, as long as your home, or someone else like the wife or kids, how in hell can you be charged for "Unsafe Storage"???

Ask Ian Thompson As per above, he came out of it OK, but not without a lengthy, expensive legal battle.

http://cssa-cila.org/wp-content-cssa/uploads/2014/12/THOMSON-IAN-TRANSCRIPT_20130103.pdf

just wow at all of this

Just last night I heard funny noises at about 1am. Was like porcelain being knocked over and rolling, no mistaking that sound!! Daughter's hamster got out of the cage and knocked over a floor ornament. More like a break out than a break in

The other question the court will ask is why didn't you just leave out the back door / window with the family when you found an intruder? Their mere presence does not constitute a threat to you or your family, only to your property. Get family in one room, yell at intruder to leave, call cops. If they're there to hurt you, you've already lost because they have the drop on you while you were sleeping, or fumbling for you locked guns, separate ammo etc.
    Just delay, call for help, keep family safe by gtfo. Why stay in the house for them to get hurt.
    I'm partially playing Devils advocate, but why stay? Get to safety, insurance will replace your stuff, and save the thousands and stress in court costs.
    Yes it's a hit to the pride, but what's more important, your family's safety, or your imaginary castle full of mostly replaceable stuff?

Quote Originally Posted by bacon_overlord View Post
    The other question the court will ask is why didn't you just leave out the back door / window with the family when you found an intruder? Their mere presence does not constitute a threat to you or your family, only to your property. Get family in one room, yell at intruder to leave, call cops. If they're there to hurt you, you've already lost because they have the drop on you while you were sleeping, or fumbling for you locked guns, separate ammo etc.
    Just delay, call for help, keep family safe by gtfo. Why stay in the house for them to get hurt.
    I'm partially playing Devils advocate, but why stay? Get to safety, insurance will replace your stuff, and save the thousands and stress in court costs.
    Yes it's a hit to the pride, but what's more important, your family's safety, or your imaginary castle full of mostly replaceable stuff?
    That is a nice thought but retreat can quite often NOT BE AN OPTION.

EX: Apartment that is not on ground level, condo with only exit is down a staircase (which intruder may be obstructing), breaking your legs leaping from a 2nd or higher story window isn't a great option nor would be throwing your child out that window to who knows what or who else may be outside.

Our court system also clearly states that you have no obligation to retreat from the safety of your home.

A sad case where an innocent man was slaughtered by a piece of shit criminal who then attempted to break into another home in the same night, and the ****er has a lengthy criminal record for similar crap.........he just don't care at all.

http://bc.ctvnews.ca/murdered-surrey...says-1.2468672

Criminals don't give two shits about your safety at all and just want to get away with their crimes and keep doing more, quite often willing to kill anyone who catches them in the act as shown.

This is just TWO DAYS AGO.

http://bc.ctvnews.ca/sleeping-man-st...sion-1.3324159

Retreats a great idea but lets face it you are likely pretty ****ed unless you got a few locked doors in the way to slow an intruder down as they attempt to figure out the layout of your home and where everyone is located.

By the time most people can get their cellphone calling 911 it is way too late, you are your own first responder and any intruder is clearly a threat with bad intentions and in MOST cases homeowners are assaulted, held a gun/knife point, tied up like hostages, raped or killed.

To that I say **** anyone who breaks into another person's home as they clearly don't give a rats ass about your families safety......if they did they wouldn't break into your home in the first place.

Quote Originally Posted by sawmill View Post
    Should be O.K. Do you live in Surrey? If so GET ONE.

Funny that was my first thought as well

Three armed home invaders dead! The 21 year old woman driving the getaway car is now charged with 1st Degree murder.

http://www.cnn.com/2017/03/27/us/okl...ary/index.html

I have no problems with the outcome! Unfortunately not in Canada, become a victim, go to jail, or wind up dead. Those are our options.