Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Antler Mount

Re: Antler Mount

They look great...I'm about to do the same thing, I have a few deer racks I started to clean up nicely for a euro but decided they weren't worth the effort to finish the skulls perfectly...so I'm just going to skull cap them and clean up just the caps nicely, and mount pretty much exactly how you did it

I like when the skull cap cut starts in front of the eye socket on your deer, vs a harsh level cut on the moose...I think it looks nicer that way....either way both are very nicely done, wood looks great
    Unfortunately, the rifles are getting lighter because we are getting heavier and more unfit as a society. This is the key to the mainstream acceptance of the short magnums. - Nathan Foster

Very nice!

Quote Originally Posted by sawmill View Post
    The woods great, hate the sawed off skull look. Sorry. I mount a lot of antlers and build a form of wood and plaster, shaped and covered with leather or felt. Lots of dicking around but really nice finished product.
    Let's see some pictures please.

They look very nice ,,nice to use your imagination..
    Hunting Elk Is All About Finding Them ,If You Can't Find Them Keep Trying ..