Thread: Region 8 Turkeys

Region 8 Turkeys

Hey I was wondering if anyone could give me a hint on where I might be able to find turkeys in region 8. We were planning a spring bear hunt and a turkey hunt with my brother in-law and his grandpa. Just hoping to get something on grandpa's last hunt.

2. Site Sponsor

Re: Region 8 Turkeys

Traditionally one posts a joke and says hello before asking people for gobbler spots. That being said there are plenty of bears to be found around in region 8 pick any fsr and start going slow.
    Last edited by 604Stalker; 03-12-2017 at 11:07 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by VIP View Post
    Hey I was wondering if anyone could give me a hint on where I might be able to find turkeys in region 8. We were planning a spring bear hunt and a turkey hunt with my brother in-law and his grandpa. Just hoping to get something on grandpa's last hunt.
    I have never hunted region 8 for bears or turkeys, but can tell you in the EK I have had my best success really early for turkeys...like the first week of open and towards the middle of the season for bears, ie late May.....what I am trying to say is the prime time for both don't really overlap. I would focus on one when timing your hunt and then hope for a bonus secondary species. The one great advantage of combining the 2 is the best times to hunt during the day are very different. Wake up REALLY early and hunt gobblers, have a nap mid day and hunt bears at last light! Good luck and post up a story of your success
    KCCO

Might be late start this year....still lots of snow. Bears will be out May as always. Still at least a foot of snow here in the valley so no Turkey movement as of yet, some years they are in full rut by now.

Quote Originally Posted by VIP View Post
    Beaverdell, Rock Creek, Christina Lake.
    Growing old is unavoidable. Growing up is highly overrated....

Quote Originally Posted by palmer View Post
    Might be late start this year....still lots of snow. Bears will be out May as always. Still at least a foot of snow here in the valley so no Turkey movement as of yet, some years they are in full rut by now.
    Agreed, have only seen a few up Fisherman's this year compared to last.