Page 7 of 12 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast

Thread: Please tell me this isn't the POACHER Brian Martin....

Re: Please tell me this isn't the POACHER Brian Martin....

Quote Originally Posted by f350ps View Post
    Bearvalley, you seem to be the most vocal "Defender of Poachers" of the pack in this thread so that's why I'm addressing this to you. Do you agree with the WSS doing business with a very well known convicted poacher, not just this year but for many years! Secondly, you seem to be well acquainted with this guy, why do you get so worked up about guys questioning his ethics, it doesn't look good on ya bud! And my last question, you wouldn't happen to be a director of the WSS would you? And my answer to part of your reply is, No, I don't support the WSS but I do support many other very good organizations, probably a lot of different ones than you but I can still voice my opinion on any one I wish! K
    f350ps, I don't defend poachers and I'm not a director of WSSBC. I have worked with and donated to the WSF.
    That said, I'm sure that the directors of the WSSBC were fully aware of Bryan Martins past when they negotiated whatever deal was made to secure the hunt that was offered at auction.
    I could care less about who questions Martins ethics but I do get a little pissed when the integrity of the WSSBC and that of the WSF is criticized.

Quote Originally Posted by bearvalley View Post
    I could care less about who questions Martins ethics but I do get a little pissed when the integrity of the WSSBC and that of the WSF is criticized.
    I don't know if their integrity is being questioned as much as their judgement, and perhaps- their long term vision. Specifically and to the point- Does their association with Bryan Martin bring in more value than it gives up? Will this association help or hinder in the long run?

these are important questions for the membership to decide.
    Last edited by Gateholio; 03-13-2017 at 10:49 PM.
    Knowledgeable shooters agree- The 375 Ruger is the NEW KING of all 375 caliber cartridges. ALL HAIL THE NEW KING!

f350ps, I don't defend poachers and I'm not a director of WSSBC. I have worked with and donated to the WSF.
    That said, I'm sure that the directors of the WSSBC were fully aware of Bryan Martins past when they negotiated whatever deal was made to secure the hunt that was offered at auction.
    You don't defend poachers yet you took issue with somebody posting his name on the www, sorry if I misunderstood your stance! Secondly you get a little pissed when the integrity of the WSSBC is brought into question which to me sounds like you're cool with them doing business with convicted poachers, no wonder I'm confused!! Time to stop commenting, you kind of tipped your hand in your first post! K

Quote Originally Posted by .264winmag View Post
    You want more sheep on the mountain with the same quota on both sides res/non-res? Lower quota on both sides and cull wolves. Otherwise go after the GO's, after all they're the 'experts'...
    Seems to me you don't know much about allocation, quota and opportunity.
    All sheep in BC are on quota to guide outfitters.
    Many areas have a general open season on sheep for resident hunters.
    Too acheive what you are suggesting..."Lower quota on both sides and cull wolves"...would first mean that all hunters would be bound within their allocation share....whatever that might be.
    That would mean all resident sheep hunting oppurtunities would be allotted by LEH.
    Do you really want to go there?

Quote Originally Posted by Gatehouse View Post
    I don't know if their integrity is being questioned as much as their judgement, and perhaps- their long term vision. Specifically and to the point- Does their association with Bryan Martin bring in more value than it gives up? Will this association help or hinder in the long run?

these are important questions for the membership to decide.
    Gatehouse, I do agree with your logic in this post and in your previous one.

Quote Originally Posted by f350ps View Post
    Time to stop commenting, you kind of tipped your hand in your first post! K
    Do you want to spell out in black & white what you're suggesting here?

Do you want to spell out in black & white what you're suggesting here?
    Gladly!! It's okay to be a poacher as long as you donate big to the WSSBC!! Sometimes it's better to just stop talking but something tells me you ain't done yet! K

Seems to me you don't know much about allocation, quota and opportunity.
    All sheep in BC are on quota to guide outfitters.
    Many areas have a general open season on sheep for resident hunters.
    Too acheive what you are suggesting..."Lower quota on both sides and cull wolves"...would first mean that all hunters would be bound within their allocation share....whatever that might be.
    That would mean all resident sheep hunting oppurtunities would be allotted by LEH.
    Do you really want to go there?
    I know how sheep are managed in terms of quota for GO's, and am familiar with the gos and leh areas. Packed 4 stones' out the mountains. LEH all around for residents perhaps not the best route but I'm not the expert to decide if that's needed. I'm thinking more along the lines of a 2 year wait after harvesting before you can punch another tag for gos is a viable option. I myself am not all that interested in packing out a ram myself anymore. Which means we take turns on who gets to squeeze the trigger every trip. I have 2 dynamite sheep hunting partners, so potentially could have a chance every 3 years. Still a fortunate opportunity in my books even just tagging along, and potentially more older class rams up for grabs!
    But what resident wants to be curtailed on harvest if the GO's still have the same quota, or even raised as gos harvest potentially goes down?
    I can't see them giving up their quota one bit. So I ask not what I am doing to keep sheep on the mountain, but what are the GO's willing to do to keep sheep on the mountain?
    Both sides would have to sacrifice, I'm willing to do so, I have my doubts about the other side.
    The only advantage to a light rifle is it's weight, all other advantages go to the heavier rifle..

Hopefully I get this in before you post again but I doubt it! I think most here agree that the WSSof BC is a first class organization that has unfortunately made some bad decisions! It's been pointed out here numerous times that this guy is bad news yet you for some strange reason want to defend this him. At the end of the day all you're doing is giving the WSS and yourself a bad name, your pal did that to himself long ago! K

Quote Originally Posted by .264winmag View Post
    I know how sheep are managed in terms of quota for GO's, and am familiar with the gos and leh areas. Packed 4 stones' out the mountains. LEH all around for residents perhaps not the best route but I'm not the expert to decide if that's needed. I'm thinking more along the lines of a 2 year wait after harvesting before you can punch another tag for gos is a viable option. I myself am not all that interested in packing out a ram myself anymore. Which means we take turns on who gets to squeeze the trigger every trip. I have 2 dynamite sheep hunting partners, so potentially could have a chance every 3 years. Still a fortunate opportunity in my books even just tagging along, and potentially more older class rams up for grabs!
    But what resident wants to be curtailed on harvest if the GO's still have the same quota, or even raised as gos harvest potentially goes down?
    I can't see them giving up their quota one bit. So I ask not what I am doing to keep sheep on the mountain, but what are the GO's willing to do to keep sheep on the mountain?
    Both sides would have to sacrifice, I'm willing to do so, I have my doubts about the other side.
    You would probably be surprised about how some outfitters feel about current sheep management and the options they have taken to make sure sheep stay on the mountains.
    Some...not all.