Page 10 of 12 FirstFirst ... 89101112 LastLast

Thread: Please tell me this isn't the POACHER Brian Martin....

Re: Please tell me this isn't the POACHER Brian Martin....

Thank you Boxhitch, for coming forward and summing it up.

I kinda figured that was the stance, based on the lack of input from the otherwise vocal conservationists that are usually quick to stand up against wrongs on this board; Real or perceived. I will admit too, I'm quite surprised and obviously a little disappointed that no one in the WSF or WSSoBC has voiced any concerns about the backgrounds of individuals that financial alliances are formed with. Maybe it's because they fear they'll be shunned by a board that is obviously okay with it or maybe they actually think it's a good policy?

I might just be an "anonymous key-board warrior", but there's a lot of others reading this thread and forming opinions based on both sides of this debate. I could be way off, but I don't think these pages are a very good sales pitch for garnering new members. If nothing else, maybe it'll spark some debate within the organization, concerning future decisions. At any rate I wish the organizations the best going forward.

Just saying a forum flambé may not be the best way to make change,........ but good info for those building their own 'wall of shame'.
    If this generates a movement through the proper channels, all the better.
    Not defending BM or the WSSoBC, just looking at the situation......as an outside observer
    Last edited by boxhitch; 03-15-2017 at 12:13 AM.
    Never say whoa in the middle of a mud hole

Let he who is without sin cast the first stone.

Quote Originally Posted by boxhitch View Post
    true dat

et al, BM has been associated with the WSSoBC Convention for several years, has made several presentations on hunting and back-packing to a room full of knowledge-hungry sheep hunters, No complaints. Sessions went into over-time out in the halls with lots of Q&A , no complaints . Each year there has been an OPEN AGM for all members attending the convention, no complaints there.
    This isn't the first hunt from BM to be auctioned, clearly it is an item of interest to someone in the crowd of 300+ members, or it wouldn't be on the slate at a fund-raiser.

Only from the anonymous key-board warriors of the intraweb world do issues like this arise. Real bravado, hooray
    Bill, you should have posted this a couple of days ago instead of letting the WSSBC get drug thru the ditch.

Maybe instead of Riverotter posting threads like this the focus should be to make a law so that no one with a criminal record can make charitable donations or contribute back to society in any way?

I am officially done here
    The only advantage to a light rifle is it's weight, all other advantages go to the heavier rifle..

Quote Originally Posted by Stone C. Killer View Post
    Maybe instead of Riverotter posting threads like this the focus should be to make a law so that no one with a criminal record can make charitable donations or contribute back to society in any way?
    who donated what in this? he sold it to WSSoBC....at a loss?...at cost? or at a profit? ....he is far from a saint or even reformed sinner in this from what I can see...

Quote Originally Posted by bearvalley View Post
    Bill, you should have posted this a couple of days ago instead of letting the WSSBC get drug thru the ditch.
    The WSSofBC has been drug through the ditch for years, it's fairly obvious they have no issues dealing with convicted poachers since they've been doing it for at least 7 years and it's been brought up several times!! For your reading pleasure BV I'll direct you to some history. In the search bar (top right) put in Bryan Martin then scroll to near the bottom of the page and open Sheep Banquet (from 2010) and enjoy, your welcome! K

Quote Originally Posted by f350ps View Post
    The WSSofBC has been drug through the ditch for years, it's fairly obvious they have no issues dealing with convicted poachers since they've been doing it for at least 7 years and it's been brought up several times!! For your reading pleasure BV I'll direct you to some history. In the search bar (top right) put in Bryan Martin then scroll to near the bottom of the page and open Sheep Banquet (from 2010) and enjoy, your welcome! K
    It seems a couple of posters on here are who want to keep the issue alive.
    Its poor taste when the WSSBC continues to be drug thru the ditch by those few.
    Its obvious that Martin does have support amongst mountain hunters.
    I will say it clearly again "Bryan Martin is not my bud" but I would suggest to some of you anonymous key board pluckers that you should probably tap him on the shoulder, call him a scum piece of shit and get ready to get at it.
    Fake names continually bad mouthing on the net is pretty chicken shit.

Quote Originally Posted by bearvalley View Post
    It seems a couple of posters on here are who want to keep the issue alive.
    Its poor taste when the WSSBC continues to be drug thru the ditch by those few.
    Its obvious that Martin does have support amongst mountain hunters.
    I will say it clearly again "Bryan Martin is not my bud" but I would suggest to some of you anonymous key board pluckers that you should probably tap him on the shoulder, call him a scum piece of shit and get ready to get at it.
    Fake names continually bad mouthing on the net is pretty chicken shit.
    Great call! Rather then having some sort of "forum" to discuss the matter, which really isnt about BM himself but rather the societies affiliation with him, people should take it upon themselves to get into an altercation! Definitely not going to end up with an assault charge that way.