Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Please tell me this isn't the POACHER Brian Martin....

Re: Please tell me this isn't the POACHER Brian Martin....

kind of funny, sounds like quite a few guide outfitters get nabbed with poaching and breaking the laws. Heard this guy on a podcast, boy does he hate BC resident hunters.

Quote Originally Posted by ajr5406 View Post
    Thats a shame... WSSBC obviously didn't do their homework, or if they did, shame on them too.
    WSS know exactly who this poacher is, they've been taking his money for many years! It's kind of comical when you look back at some of the old posts regarding the GOABC or anything about poachers and the most vocal are the same guys that are the first to buy their WSS tickets every year! Wouldn't surprise me to hear that one of these guys bought his hunt! K

gif upload

Nice "Callauge".....

Yes very interesting we all know what happened the last time the BCWF collaborated with the GOABC .Considering that the GOABC has more influence with government than BC resident hunters i guess it makes sense that they would want to keep their friends close and there enemies even closer.Any one know how many WSSBC directors are members of the GOABC ? Maybe next years guest speaker could be Abe Dougan he's a hell of a sheep hunter.
    Last edited by Buck; 03-12-2017 at 03:50 PM.
    BCWF
    CCFR

“I prefer the saddle to the streetcar and star sprinkled sky to a roof, the obscure and difficult trail, leading into the unknown, to any paved highway, and the deep peace of the wild to the discontent bred by cities…it is enough that I am surrounded by beauty.”
    - Everett Ruess

I've got a couple of questions;
    Was Bryan Martins hunt a donation to the WSSBC and the WSF to generate funds to go back into sheep?
    Has anyone that is being critical of the man given the WSSBC and the WSF as generous of a donation.
    Im sure there are some poachers and guys that have had wildlife charges contributing to this forum that are not outfitters.

Which podcast - I have to hear this... thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by bearvalley View Post
    Was Bryan Martins hunt a donation to the WSSBC and the WSF to generate funds to go back into sheep?
    Has anyone that is being critical of the man given the WSSBC and the WSF as generous of a donation.
    Im sure there are some poachers and guys that have had wildlife charges contributing to this forum that are not outfitters.
    So donations to a greasy foundation make it ok to bend the rules?
    Spade is a Spade, giving a donation doesn't change the past.
    Sounds like a classic case of greasing the wheels, create an image and make some alliances. Kind of like politics?
    The only advantage to a light rifle is it's weight, all other advantages go to the heavier rifle..

Bearvalley - you may want to edit your post. FYI: I have zero background or knowledge of Mr Martin and this forum is the first I'm learning of this situation - so let's take him or his history out of the question for arguments sake.

Your last two lines read like you're ok with wildlife infractions as long as they are justified with a financial contribution. That's something out of the Crusty Clark playbook. Maybe you should clarify your position, because it looks bad right now.

Quote Originally Posted by .264winmag View Post
    So donations to a greasy foundation make it ok to bend the rules?
    Spade is a Spade, giving a donation doesn't change the past.
    Sounds like a classic case of greasing the wheels, create an image and make some alliances. Kind of like politics?
    ^^^^ What .264 said.

So if the guy living across the street from you steals from the guy living beside you, it's "okay", so long as he donates some of the "spoils" back to a "good" cause?