Page 8 of 12 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast

Thread: Please tell me this isn't the POACHER Brian Martin....

Re: Please tell me this isn't the POACHER Brian Martin....

Quote Originally Posted by f350ps View Post
    Hopefully I get this in before you post again but I doubt it! I think most here agree that the WSSof BC is a first class organization that has unfortunately made some bad decisions! It's been pointed out here numerous times that this guy is bad news yet you for some strange reason want to defend this him. At the end of the day all you're doing is giving the WSS and yourself a bad name, your pal did that to himself long ago! K
    You do seem to be a bit lacking in comprehension skills.
    Maybe go back and re read my posts.
    I would like you to point out where I defended Bryan Martin for being convicted of wildlife charges.
    Furthermore point out where I have stated that Bryan Martin is a pal of mine.
    Lets see the quotes where I made either of these statements.
    In the alternative you had best accept the fact that you are merely full of shit!

Sooooo if a person is convicted of some wildlife charges and pays whatever penalty is imposed by the courts they can't turn over a new leaf and donate to wildlife conservation?
    doesnt matter what kind of bullet it is, as long as it weighs 180 grains its DEADLY, even on ass shots....Todbartell-2009

Quote Originally Posted by bearvalley View Post
    You would probably be surprised about how some outfitters feel about current sheep management and the options they have taken to make sure sheep stay on the mountains.
    Some...not all.
    This is encouraging. I never meant to imply all GO's were out for only themselves. Like I said, they should be the experts on the subject.
    The only advantage to a light rifle is it's weight, all other advantages go to the heavier rifle..

Quote Originally Posted by 1/2 slam View Post
    Sooooo if a person is convicted of some wildlife charges and pays whatever penalty is imposed by the courts they can't turn over a new leaf and donate to wildlife conservation?
    Unfortunately, this doesn't appear to be a simple donation. It appears that the WSSoBC purchased a hunt and intend to auction it. This implies the WSSoBC is not concerned with his infractions and feels comfortable with him as a sponsor. Which is fine, that's a membership choice.

But again, the question is simple- is the membership of the WSSoBC okay with this and do they feel the value of this contribution outweighs the negative aspects that it brings to to the group? Long term, will this enhance fundraising or be detrimental ?

These are questions for the membership...
    Knowledgeable shooters agree- The 375 Ruger is the NEW KING of all 375 caliber cartridges. ALL HAIL THE NEW KING!

Quote Originally Posted by 1/2 slam View Post
    Im nowhere near as educated or opinionated as some on the thread BUT, it would appear that this wasnt his first offence. I personally feel that any conservation group should have ZERO affiliation with a convicted poacher. If i had bought the hunt only to find out about his past practices I would be upset and very concerned about the legality of the hunt I purchased. I do understand people make mistakes and can change, but I also hold GO's to a higher standard and if he has indeed been caught multiple times I'd say he's gaming the system and deserves to be treated as such. If the WSS purchased the hunt from him to auction off I think that is a huge mistake on their part, I wouldnt be comfortable funding a group giving money to a poacher. Again, they should have ZERO affiliation with any convicted poachers.

I spent a year as a director with the WSSBC. They are not a "greasy" foundation. Each and every person on the board has their heart in the right place, with a passion for wildlife and conservation. They are hard working people who spend considerable time and energy to try and advocate for wild sheep. Also, keep in mind everyone on the board is a volunteer, who fit the WSSBC business within their already busy schedules with family, work, etc. To say the WSSBC is a "greasy" foundation is insulting. 264winmag, we all spend thousands on hunting gear, and I would be willing to bet many on here pay a lot more tax than you. That doesn't make you anything special.
    Last edited by 325; 03-14-2017 at 08:24 AM.
    I won't always be young, but I can be immature forever

Where do they go from here? It's quite the tarnishing label to be 'affiliated' with a scum bag?

Quote Originally Posted by 325 View Post
    I spent a year as a director with the WSSBC. They are not a "greasy" foundation. Each and every person on the board has their heart in the right place, with a passion for wildlife and conservation. They are hard working people who spend considerable time and energy to try and advocate for wild sheep. Also, keep in mind everyone on the board is a volunteer, who fit the WSSBC business within their already busy schedules with family, work, etc. To say the WSSBC is a "greasy" foundation is insulting. 264winmag, we all spend thousands on hunting gear, and I would be willing to bet I pay a lot more tax than you. That doesn't make you anything special.
    Sorry if I offended you, or the volunteers. Perhaps in this case, guilty by association does not apply.
    Happy for you that you make so much money.
    Never claimed to be anything special.
    Went to one of them sheep conventions in ktown, didn't feel like a fit in. Maybe cause I don't make enough $?
    Someone calls me out on here yer gonna get it back is all. Perhaps I don't fit in here either. I cgaf.
    Cheers
    The only advantage to a light rifle is it's weight, all other advantages go to the heavier rifle..

Quote Originally Posted by .264winmag View Post
    Sorry if I offended you, or the volunteers. Perhaps in this case, guilty by association does not apply.
    Happy for you that you make so much money.
    Never claimed to be anything special.
    Went to one of them sheep conventions in ktown, didn't feel like a fit in. Maybe cause I don't make enough $?
    Someone calls me out on here yer gonna get it back is all. Perhaps I don't fit in here either. I cgaf.
    Cheers
    Just a question, do you volunteer for any wildlife conservation organization??
    I won't always be young, but I can be immature forever

Not condoning breaking the law but if Brian Martin can provide a legal and safe ibex hunt and on the other side of the world and it benefits sheep here in BC I would say good job!

If the "ball" really gets rolling in BC over the next few years against trophy hunters you goat and sheep hunters are going to be in the "crosshairs" real quick.
    I personally would be way more concerned about making sure organizations like WSSBC exist than making a big deal about a possible bad judgement call on a fundraiser trip.

I just don't see what the big deal is considering this hunt has nothing but a positive outcome for BC.
    No opportunities to hunt or animals themselves are being removed from the province.
    Good Job WSSBC