Page 1 of 12 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Region 3: Thompson-Nicola

Region 3: Thompson-Nicola

Region 3: Thompson-Nicola -- Your eyes will be bombarded with visual stimulation of western hunting atmospheric change right b4 your eyes on the semi-open ridges as you enter the Ashcroft area on Hwy 1. after leaving Hope in the rear view heading up the Fraser Canyon, Hwy 1. Or entering Larson's Hill, Exit 250 up the Coq5 and see the changes in habitat magically change to southern interior weather and topography.
    Region 3 is the tops for most pleasant region to hunt in B.C. for anyone wanting mule deer habitat like Colorado or New Mexico this is as close to perfect as you can get for Rocky Mountain Mule Deer the prototype. So come up from the Lower Mainland the Rock or Fraser Valley for a look at serious western big game hunting. Less than a three and a half hour drive from Vancouver centre. Two and a half from Chilliwack.
    -- 3 -- Extends from Bridge River on the west to the height of Land in the Columbia Mountains just west of Revelstoke.
    It includes Wells Gray Provincial Park on the north of this Region 3 and runs south to the Coldwater country just south of Merritt @ Exit 240 Juliet.
    All Region 3 is accessible except where some private land blocks the way. The rest is open for hunting
    Mule deer are the most popular animal hunted in Reg 3. Mules are found in all the region. Lots of hunters putting in hours to get a big muley. Now the lowly whitetail invading Reg 3 so you can hunt all types.
    Moose hunting in some spots areas of Reg 3 can be exciting with good populations, enuff to have an LEH for the moose. Antlerless mule deer, and sheep leh.
    Clearwater to Blue River for the moose. And Leh moose around Kamloops is fantastic if yah get it.
    Black bears everywhere and not bad for the table in most cases, check the meat closely.
    Roads around the back country by Cache Creek, Deadman Creek Road, Copper Creek via Sabaston, Tranquille Road out of Kamloops. Savano, Tunkwa Lake, Jamieson Creek, Barriere, Bonaparte Lake. Darlington Creek, Nice country with mule deer and moose and grouse and bear. Little Fort.
    Whitetail deer hunting in the Shuswap, MU 3-26. Some elk, in Lytton, Princeton and Adams Lake.
    Mountain sheep goat and caribou.
    Water fowl, doves pheasant you name it and claim it in Region 3 and then go get it to the best of your abilities --
    The Bonus? Try California Sheep in Kamloops Lake Any Ram LEH MU 3-29 A and B now for LEH Cali Ram awesome
    Last edited by Jelvis; 05-04-2014 at 05:26 PM. Reason: Thompson--Nicola some record class mule bucks in this region 3

2. Site Sponsor

Re: Region 3: Thompson-Nicola

Alright how about a surefire area to find a immature bull.
    Hunt or my foot in your ass,your choice

yes send them all to 7
    If you Live Life with no risks, you risk living life at all!

Jelvis, have you been celebrating Ernest Hemingway's birthday?
    ".....It will be far easier to limit and undo the follies of a Trudeau government than to restore the necessary common sense and good judgment to a depraved electorate willing to have such a man for their prime minister......​"

He must be, with too much of the drink in your avatar Jag lol
    Originally Posted by averagejoe
    thats pretty cool. i bet you get close to those cats some time when there low in the tree hey. when do they have kittens?? do you ever see baby cougars in the tree or do they hide in her pouch?

Originally Posted by wideopenthrottle
    ....I guess some peeps think a mother griz is like a crack whore ready to drop her baby at the first church door she sees...funny

runaway cork puller and a sticky comma key.

Jelvis, just how much did you drink? I was into the vodka last night and had a similar situation, only with a non-hunter. Which is worse?

Quote Originally Posted by BlacktailStalker View Post
    He must be, with too much of the drink in your avatar Jag lol
    I think I'll pour one or two of those myself. If I come back with a stuck comma key and "blathering" a bit, you'll know what happened.
    ".....It will be far easier to limit and undo the follies of a Trudeau government than to restore the necessary common sense and good judgment to a depraved electorate willing to have such a man for their prime minister......​"

MU 3-12
    Pennask Lake--Douglas Lake
    Fair moose and mule deer hunting from the Peachland--Kelowna back road. Hike off and up from the road into the ridges and rough terrain and get a chance at a moss back non-typ mule buck. Highland spruce and pine friend a mine. lots of water and sloughs, for good grazing area towards the Nicola Valley.
    From Hwy 5a, access Quilchena and the Pennask Lake road. Exit 290 off the Coq5.
    Last edited by Jelvis; 04-28-2014 at 08:41 PM. Reason: Jel

Comma, Comma, Comma Chameleon.