Thread: Chilliwack Fish and Game club quits the BCWF

Chilliwack Fish and Game club quits the BCWF

I was quite suprised to learn at last nights general meeting that the board of directors had decided without consulting the membership to quit the association with the BCWF.
    I was also we didn't have insurance thru the BCWF for quite some time but with Hub instead.
    I found this on the club website so anybody that still thought they had ATV liability insurance thru the BCWF for hunting and fishing could have or could be looking at a fine if stopped.

"Operations Covered: Hunting & Fishing Club
    It is hereby understood and agreed that the insurance provided by this policy is extended to include Excess Personal Liability of individual members while engaged in (i) hunting and fishing activities, (ii) shooting at competitions or for recreation at Gun Clubs, (iii) archery at a range, (iv) use or the ownership of a
    watercraft up to 26 feet in length with motors of not more than 100 hp while engaged in (i)

2. Site Sponsor

Re: Chilliwack Fish and Game club quits the BCWF

Any explanation as to why?

They said this years bill was 20k

I bought a membership every year to support the CF&G, when I went to renew after the old fella passed away. (Fred)
    Maybe was his name.
    The price went from $70 to $130, in one year.
    I only used it once or twice a year, to site in for a hunt.
    So I bailed, and have a nice spot to site in, off of a fsr.
    To much inflation for me.

death of a thousand cuts. If hunters/shooters don't support their own cause, who will?
    Never say whoa in the middle of a mud hole

I could see if they already had a viable alternative but to just axe one without a plan is unacceptable.
    The challenge of retirement is how to spend time without spending money.
    The worst day slinging lead is still better than the best day working.
    Look around is there someone you can introduce to shooting because that’s the only way we will buck the anti gun trend sweeping Canada! "tigrr 2006"

The issues between the CFGPA have been going on years. I could be totally out to lunch, but I thought that the Chilliwack Club quit a few years ago (Maybe 7) and only rejoined the BCWF about 3 years ago. If they didn't quit, there was serious heated discussion about it. I don't know the full going-ons as I am not a member of Chilliwack but to say this came out of the blue is not fair to either side.

All hunters/shooters/outdoors people should support it each other. But that does mean that they have totally united. If Chilliwack gave an honest look at their position and deemed they were better alone then I wish them the best of luck.
    I don't shoot innocent animals... Just the ones that look guilty!

I received this email March 10/17 from the Chilliwack club.

I've been riding a snowmobile thinking I was covered under my club/BCWF membership so was a bit taken back when I saw that I did not have coverage.

Hello All,

I would like to take the opportunity to clarify the Club's situation regarding Off-Road Vehicle (ORV) insurance. First, there is the misconception that club affiliation with BCWF provided ORV insurance for members, which is not the case. A number of years ago the Club had purchased insurance through BCWF, at an additional annual cost, but this was dropped over three years ago when the Board of Directors at that time, found it more economical to purchase coverage through Hub International. Thus, the recent decision to discontinue club membership in BCWF had absolutely no impact on our insurance.

If you require ORV insurance, it can be purchased at discounted rates for club members from Hub International with information on this available at the following link. http://www.chilliwackfishandgame.com/atv-insurance/

Nick Bolton
    President
    Funniest post I have ever read...

Originally Posted by troutseeker
    I rotate 1/2 tp 5/8 of a turn, and I do so in both directions. that is due to my press being mounted in th middle of my bench nad my beer being on hte right side nad my cigar being on hte left side. Thus I rotate each way ot take a sip or a puff.

I have not noticed significant runout, mind you,after a few brews I lose interest in measuring...

Time to get a direct membership I guess....
    Quote Originally Posted by Camp Cook View Post
    I received this email March 10/17 from the Chilliwack club.

I've been riding a snowmobile thinking I was covered under my club/BCWF membership so was a bit taken back when I saw that I did not have coverage.

Hello All,

I would like to take the opportunity to clarify the Club's situation regarding Off-Road Vehicle (ORV) insurance. First, there is the misconception that club affiliation with BCWF provided ORV insurance for members, which is not the case. A number of years ago the Club had purchased insurance through BCWF, at an additional annual cost, but this was dropped over three years ago when the Board of Directors at that time, found it more economical to purchase coverage through Hub International. Thus, the recent decision to discontinue club membership in BCWF had absolutely no impact on our insurance.

If you require ORV insurance, it can be purchased at discounted rates for club members from Hub International with information on this available at the following link. http://www.chilliwackfishandgame.com/atv-insurance/

Nick Bolton
    President
    The measure of a man is not how much power he has, it's how he wields it.

Doesn't the bcwf orv insurance only is in effect if your hunting or fishing