Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: $2000 Spotting Scope

Re: $2000 Spotting Scope

Quote Originally Posted by Ron.C View Post
    Makes me wonder how many animals I never saw because my optics were not up to the task.
    Many.

Until I got all high end Leica and Swaro optics, I never knew just how much game was on the mountain.

Top end optics change the way you hunt and your success rate climbs dramatically.
    Quote Originally Posted by chevy
    Sorry!!!! but in all honesty, i could care less,, what todbartell! actually thinks
    Quote Originally Posted by Will View Post
    but man how much pepporoni can your arshole take anyways !

Agreed FD. Between Leica, Zeiss and Swaro, 10-20 yrs later I love every second of looking thru these various optics. That said, I paid way less $ back in the day but they make good gear.

FYI Ron, bought my swaro with case for $1000, buddy bought his for $2000, same scope/case.

Just keep your eyes peeled, you will find one.
    Education is the most powerful weapon which you can use to change the world.

Mandela

Quote Originally Posted by Ron.C View Post
    Good day all,

I'm in the market for a new Spotting Scope. Have been getting by with a Vortex Nomad, but it's time to upgrade.

I have a 2k all in budget. Yes I'd like to increase that so I can get into a new Swarovski, but I've been given pretty clear direction from the boss and that's my $ limit if I want to be able to have enough extra for a good tripod.

I'm not in a rush to buy so have been keeping my eyes open for a used higher end scopes or tripods. So if anyone has anything that fits that bill they have been thinking on moving, drop me a pm.

But I also really like a couple other scopes in the price range.

1. Vortex Razor HD 22-48-65. Haven't had a chance to try the new model with the focus on the body. But I hear it's a better scope than its older model, and has a better rubberized coating.

2. Leupold GR 12x40-60 . Have tried the standard version and liked it. Haven't tried the HD. All my rifles are topped with Leupold scopes. Never had an issue with them so I have confidence in that brand. And I love the size and weight of these scopes. Just don't know if they are on par with the Razor?

Not interested in the big objective scopes as I do a fair amount of backpack hunting, so far for goats, often solo. A sheep hunt may be in my future. So portability is important.

Any advice!

Thanks
    go to the website fsjnow click on general merchandise click on hunting. A swaro spotting scope on there in your price range.
    Resident hunter and proud of it!

also a vortex razor for $1200 in nelson and a swaro habicht for $1150 in terrace. both very good and i bet you could negotiate either for $1000 shipped. half your price point.

Well, had another chance to look at a Leupold GR spotter and the old model vortex Razor again. Unfortunately not side by side. But the vortex is in my opinion clear and brighter. Looked again through a Swarovski and a new vortex Razor. The Swarovski is a bit clearer but not by much.

So, this is the direction I went. I purchased a brand new in box old style straight body Vortex Razor HD 16-48-65 for just over 1k shipped. I like the straight body better because I spend allot of my time glassing high from vantage. And I like the the lower magnification this scope has over the new model on the bottom end is .

I'm going to take the $1000 I still have left and start saving toward a new pair of binoculars.
    Last edited by Ron.C; 03-24-2017 at 05:15 PM.