Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: $2000 Spotting Scope

Re: $2000 Spotting Scope

^^^^^, what Goat Guy says.
    I waited long enough and a sweet deal came along, right here through HBC.
    Be patient, and something will show up for you
    Trudeau is a Neya Noonan Utim Tugeye

Hmmm the late David Marsh picked up a virtually unused Swarovski 80 on the kijiki"? For $800..it was a legit item not knock off but 80 was heavy!
    Have owned 6 different spotting scopes..Swarovski 65? Unbeatable. ..although not fireproof..lol
    Srupp

I dont want to hijack this thread but want to know for the ops sake how many of you swarovski guys have actually compared a swaro side by side to a leica apo or a zeiss diascope in varied conditions?

There's a razor HD for $1300 in Nelson and a Swarovski habicht in terrace for $1150 on kijiji. Don't know if I like the idea of the extendable ones but for $1150 it's a Swarovski.

Quote Originally Posted by goinghunting View Post
    I dont want to hijack this thread but want to know for the ops sake how many of you swarovski guys have actually compared a swaro side by side to a leica apo or a zeiss diascope in varied conditions?
    Nothing wrong with any of them but swaro atm/Ats 65 is pretty much the gold standard that everything else is judged against. And yes there are better but your going to pay.

When I bought my Swaro 65 last year, I asked the dealer about Leica. He told me that although Leica was on the same level as Swaro, Leica's distribution network leaves a lot to be desired. He suggested the better choice would be the Swaro. The dealer explained to me, that he sells both brands, but unlike Leica, Swaro is big on Customer service, and is always ready to assist. Something to consider if you ever need service down the road, or want additional add ons, like camera adaptors or scope cases.

Yup...owned pretty much the whole list over the years..lots of clients have $$$$$ ..But not all, the west German Zeis" is pretty close. .
    Sat on sheep hills picking apart California bighorn..while cheaper glass couldn't find the sheep..
    The Spenses Sheep count is a great chance to learn from experienced glassers" and compare 2 or 3 different brands looking at the same sheep..more than once a guy has returned the next year with new Swaro glass.
    Leica makes great Rangefinder.
    West German Zeiss..close in optics but not quite..little bit of color distortion and not clear to the edges.
    Yes sat on a hillside with 4 stone sheep on a ledge..the Zeiss were not as clear..IMO..
    And sorry. ..those that insist Vortex etc all are just as good. .no..not close.
    Buy once cry once..however enjoy a lifetime of crystal clear viewing..
    My stone sheep..got to use the spotter on him..count rings..evaluate him completely in field conditions..100% satisfied with quality and clarity..
    Rarely do I see much Zeiss..or Leica spotters. .Swaro..or Vortex..
    Jim Shockey uses Leupold..cut they supply free gear and cash..lol captive sponsor..
    Srupp

Have compared both Zeiss and Swaro side by side. Found the Zeiss to have a blue tinge and my swaro to have a green tinge colour. Both are solid scopes.I really like my Swaro spotter...60x zoom
    is awesome!
    Live to Hunt...

This is all good info and why I asked. I owned a 65mm swaro for years and loved it. I had bought it blindly like I feel most do. Last year I wanted to jump into bigger glass and was going to buy the atx85 but was convinced to try the leica 82 and zeiss 85 with it. I had them for a couple weeks and was surprised to end up liking the zeiss the best. They were all top notch but to my eyes was no contest zeiss. My second pick actually would have been the leica.

Any thoughts on the Zeiss Dialyt 18x45-60, or a Kowa. (664 or 773)?