Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: 2017-2018 Limited Entry Hunting Regulations Synopsis is Out

Re: 2017-2018 Limited Entry Hunting Regulations Synopsis is Out

Quote Originally Posted by xcaribooer View Post
    Ive asked this Q in the past an nobody had an answer, apparently it is double top secret s**t that the gp is not allowed to know, someone correct me if im wrong please

on another note-I was under the impression that there would be a for sure draw results date for fall results in place for 2017. Unless im missing something I don't see that anywhere. Wasn't this the reason for last year being the "last year" for the guess the draw date contest?
    I have asked for and looked for it also. Apparently the public can't know what allocation a guide outfitter has or uses. This is complete b%ll$h&t. It is a public resource that should be openly available. Logging quotas and actual harvest are
    available. Wildlife should be the same.
    Last edited by dbergen69; 03-16-2017 at 06:50 AM. Reason: grammer

I get so friken mad,what a shat show

Still no grizz in 7-30 or 31. Only if you pay a guide outfit. It's not because there's a shortage, got poop piles to prove it. Some of them mine. I like my blondes some what under 500lbs and with shorter nails than the ones that I've been running in to up there.
    No one on their death bed ever said; I should have spent more time at work.

Greenhorn question...So all applications are assigned a random number...random numbers are put in order, lowest to highest number...lowest number assigned first choice hunt, next number is assigned first choice hunt...so on, and so on...if the hunt you put as first choice has all been assigned, you get your second choice hunt...So if you are assigned a mid range number in the group, it is totally possible for both your first and second choices to be assigned already...leaving you shit out of luck...Is it a good strategy to put first choice hunt with the tougher odds, saving your second as a less desirable zone but with better chances of actually getting a tag?

All first choice applications are authorized first if there are tags still available. Second choices are not looked at until all first choices are complete. The odds of getting a second choice draw that has higher odds than 1:1 is pretty much zero. Essentially, second choice only applies for under utilized hunts, ie: .9:1 odds or less.
    Quote Originally Posted by frankthedog View Post
    Greenhorn question...So all applications are assigned a random number...random numbers are put in order, lowest to highest number...lowest number assigned first choice hunt, next number is assigned first choice hunt...so on, and so on...if the hunt you put as first choice has all been assigned, you get your second choice hunt...So if you are assigned a mid range number in the group, it is totally possible for both your first and second choices to be assigned already...leaving you shit out of luck...Is it a good strategy to put first choice hunt with the tougher odds, saving your second as a less desirable zone but with better chances of actually getting a tag?
    The measure of a man is not how much power he has, it's how he wields it.

The outfitter I used to work for had his moose tags cut by 66%, he now has 1 tag a year for 5 years. (region 5)

Quote Originally Posted by xcaribooer View Post
    Ive asked this Q in the past an nobody had an answer, apparently it is double top secret s**t that the gp is not allowed to know, someone correct me if im wrong please

on another note-I was under the impression that there would be a for sure draw results date for fall results in place for 2017. Unless im missing something I don't see that anywhere. Wasn't this the reason for last year being the "last year" for the guess the draw date contest?
    ..not the only reason for it not happening this year but lets let sleeping dogs keep their fleas. That being said I'm sure that the time will be reasonable based on the spring draw for sheep/griz. Still not soon enough for any of us Im sure can't wait for the results this year.

Quote Originally Posted by Moose Guide View Post
    The outfitter I used to work for had his moose tags cut by 66%, he now has 1 tag a year for 5 years. (region 5)
    Was that Stewart