Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Minors hunting in BC

Re: Minors hunting in BC

Call your local CO office if you're still unsure. They enforce the laws and should know them like the back of their hand.

3/4 of a degree North of 60, and a little west of 135

Jonothan, this section of the BC Wildlife Act is pretty clear:

(5) A person under 18 years of age commits an offence if the person hunts unless the person is accompanied by and under the close personal supervision of a person who(a) is 18 years of age or older,

The key word being "hunts"... doesn't matter with what.

Quote Originally Posted by Jonothan View Post
    I've been getting a ton of mixed answers on different forums of people telling me that I can and can't. Thought I would try this last time to see if I could get some solid answers.
    Sounds like you are hoping someone will find you a loophole for the law which clearly states that anyone under 18 must be accompanied. No matter if they use a gun a bow or a rock, there is no loophole. If you are under 18, you must be accompanied- period.
    Knowledgeable shooters agree- The 375 Ruger is the NEW KING of all 375 caliber cartridges. ALL HAIL THE NEW KING!

I have a true story from times gone by I was 16 or 17 my cousin and I went hunting for deer in a very popular spot. We knew the law it was the same then as it is now. We were stopped by the Co almost as we pulled the truck off the ferry. He checked our licence and guns nice guy but very strict with the way he spoke with us.
    He sent us on our way and told us to have fun and be safe.
    Two nights later we wake up to flash lights shining through the tent walls and someone yelling you got one!
    After getting my wits about me and half telling whoever was outside to bugger off I'm well aware we got one who the hell cares! I got a reply the Co does. I need to see your license. I got out of bed and gave him my paper work and casually asked him what he was doing at this time of night checking licenses. He replied he thought we would be up drinking beer and causing trouble but was happy to find two young men that were serious about hunting. He bid us good night and good luck with the rest of our hunt.

Thats what I thought, but I kept getting mixed answers about it so I thought I would try here
    I'm an internet expert, if you're a minor there's a GOS bag limit of 4 for bull Roosevelt elk. You should believe me cuz I'm on the internet.

Quote Originally Posted by Fella View Post
    I'm an internet expert, if you're a minor there's a GOS bag limit of 4 for bull Roosevelt elk. You should believe me cuz I'm on the internet.
    You forgot to mention your post count is also over a 1000 lol

I've been getting a ton of mixed answers on different forums of people telling me that I can and can't. Thought I would try this last time to see if I could get some solid answers.
    The "solid answers" that you are looking for are in the regs..... "The youth hunter, whether or not they havecompleted a hunter training program, must beaccompanied and under the close personalsupervision of an adult who carries the properlicences and meets the prescribed qualifications".

Please note that "must be accompanied" is in bold. Not just in my post, but in the regs. I'm not sure why or how this is complicated in any way...

If you took your CORE course, may I ask who your instructor was?

Thats what I thought, but I kept getting mixed answers about it so I thought I would try here
    If you wants mixed answers ask on the internet. It is all clear in the regulations. You will get the right answer on the forums, you will also get incorrect opinons.

Look at it this way, if there were ANY loop holes to this, somebody would have found them years ago and they would have been closed.

You aren't the first kid to try and search out a way to convince a parent it's legal to hunt on your own.

And to to look at it another way, only you can decide if it's worth risking losing your ability to hunt for 5 years. The rules are a lot more strict now than when a lot of us were your age. There isn't really the option for a CO to give you a "strict talking with to before sending you off on a hunt"....
    Like it or not, now you could be viewed as a kid with a rifle preparing for a school shooting.

After people trolling, and making fun, I finally found the right answer (lol). You cannot hunt alone in bc. I was hoping that people on these fourums would understand a bit more of my question because I'm a newbie and I posted on the newbie thread. Honestly, it is a little discouraging with the answers I got. Thank you to any of you who actual understood where I was coming from. Thanks