Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Minors hunting in BC

Minors hunting in BC

Youth hunting BC

Hello, can anyone provide me with some information about minors hunting in bc? I have a few questions that I keep getting different answers about. Please respond to this if you know for sure, like if you have contacted the CFO or anybody like that.

1. Can a minor hunt alone without a firearm if they have an adult hunting license?

2. Can a minor hunt alone with a firearm if they have their minors license and an adult hunting license?

2. If no to any of the questions above, is if possible to be interviewed to be elegible for them?

Any information would be great thanks!
    Last edited by Jonothan; 04-10-2017 at 05:31 PM.

2. Site Sponsor

Re: Minors hunting in BC

1) no.

2) no.

The only way way to be interviewed for that is if you live on a reservation, have no one to provide food, and have dependants like old grandparents....

I posted the law the last time you asked, have a read on that again. As a minor, you cannot legally hunt on your own until you are 18, be it a bow or a firearm.

18 and under are consdidered a youth and must be with a adult that holds all proper requirements until then at all times.

If they have a miner's pal would they be allowed to hunt on their own?

No one under the age of 18 is allowed to hunt on their own, period. Not for elk with a 300 Bee, not for ruffed grouse with a rock. No hunting under 18 unaccompanied.

Quote Originally Posted by JPlett2044 View Post
    If they have a miner's pal would they be allowed to hunt on their own?
    Thats what I thought, but I kept getting mixed answers about it so I thought I would try here

Absolutely no hunting by yourself if you are 18 and under. There are no special conditions unless you are granted a interview and meet all criteria like Kodiakhntr stated. No ifs and buts. No is bottom line.

http://www.bclaws.ca/Recon/document/...01#section17.1

The link is reasonably clear about hunting.

Hunting laws are a completely separate issue from firearm laws. You cannot hunt under 18 unless you are accompanied by someone fully licensed who is older than 18.

3/4 of a degree North of 60, and a little west of 135

[QUOTE]no hunting by yourself if you are 18 and under.[/QUOTE]

Slight correction to that... the day you turn 18 you can hunt unsupervised if you hold the correct valid license.

RC

Jonothan: if you read to the end of the last thread on Youth licenses your questions should have been answered...
    Last edited by Tuffcity; 03-05-2017 at 09:21 PM.

I've been getting a ton of mixed answers on different forums of people telling me that I can and can't. Thought I would try this last time to see if I could get some solid answers.