Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Putting Pressure on the Government thru Media News/TV?

Putting Pressure on the Government thru Media News/TV?

Just wanted to ask some of the members on this thread who either are involved
    in BCWF or close to any Wildlife Conservation/Habitat Projects....

It's obvious and a repeated issue thru most of the threads on this forum these days,
    that "Funding" is needed to implement some much needed Studies and Habitat
    Projects.

Being that there is an election coming up "Real Soon (10 weeks from now?),
    and if you have been around long enough, you will realize that this is "Exactly
    the Prime Time" to get government to throw "Money/Funding back to the People".

So, this would be a great time to present to the Media the "Lack of Government
    Funding, and the "Despair that our Wildlife/habitat are Enduring right now".

To bring to the Public's attention, that one way to "Quickly and Easily Inject more
    Money" I by having " all monies obtained thru purchases of Hunting Licenses and
    Tags be directed completely back into the Wildlife Conservation Fund.

Very much like what has happened with the BC Freshwater Society having ALL the
    Money from Licenses Go Back into funding for fish restocking and habitat
    improvement.

Now, I hear thru the forum, and from 1 or BCWF members on this sight, that
    something might in the works, as I mentioned above.

But I haven't heard it being implemented yet.?
    So, wouldn't this be exactly the right time to present the issue to some Major
    News Network here in BC, such as CBC or CTV (Global can go suck it IMO).

To let them Know that there is some major Wildlife Concern going on thru out the
    Entire BC Province, and that the "Liberals have been Failing on providing Funding"
    and that an "Easy 1st Step is for the Liberals to Implement what I said above".

Just wondering if any pressure from any of the Wildlife Organizations has been
    placed upon the Liberals thru "Major TV/Radio Networks".

If not....."Why Not"

2. Site Sponsor

Re: Putting Pressure on the Government thru Media News/TV?

Quote Originally Posted by Bugle M In View Post

It's obvious and a repeated issue thru most of the threads on this forum these days,
    Projects.

To bring to the Public's attention, that one way to "Quickly and Easily Inject more

improvement.

To let them Know that there is some major Wildlife Concern going on thru out the
    Entire BC Province, and that the "Liberals have been Failing on providing Funding"

If not....."Why Not"
    I think its a great idea, and if its not, I want to know "why not" too.
    Last edited by 338win mag; 03-02-2017 at 06:43 PM.

The preferred approach would be to meet with your incumbent MLA and with the wannabe candidates and pose the question to them.

Tell them that this is important to you, and that their answer will have an effect on how you vote in May.

I think jumping to a "public media shaming" before you've even told the candidates what you want will be the quickest route to not getting what you want.
    Quote Originally Posted by chevy
    Sorry!!!! but in all honesty, i could care less,, what todbartell! actually thinks
    Quote Originally Posted by Will View Post
    but man how much pepporoni can your arshole take anyways !

I believe it's a great idea. I m unversed and not knowledgeable in how to reach out to my MLA, or how the process to start with them goes. I am very interested in these more and more these days as the election looms near. I truthfully have no idea what to think in terms of voting now. I'm 45, single parent to a 10yr old, self employed contractor, hunter, fisher, outdoor enthusiast and also very for stopping the illegal border jumpers from putting any more stress on our system. Oh what to do.

Quote Originally Posted by Fisher-Dude View Post
    The preferred approach would be to meet with your incumbent MLA and with the wannabe candidates and pose the question to them.

Tell them that this is important to you, and that their answer will have an effect on how you vote in May.

I think jumping to a "public media shaming" before you've even told the candidates what you want will be the quickest route to not getting what you want.
    I agree, this may not be the preffered approach.
    But, that being said, have all those "letter writing's" to all these so called "concerned mla's etc", really made a difference.?
    Or better yet...will it?.....if so, why hasn't it happened?
    I just can't think of a better time to "pull the trigger" on this....yes, pun intended.
    Most MLA's don't even have a "frickin clue" about the outdoors.
    Let alone much passion to be out their in the backwoods on a regular basis like us.
    It's not that every MLA is a "bad person", I agree, but it's their "lack of understanding" on these issues at hand,
    that is causing this problem to not be rectified.
    Sadly, the "One Thing" every MLA/Politician knows, is that at the time of an upcoming election,
    "bad publicity" is something that can "cost them votes".
    Not just by us, but by many of BC's outdoor enthusiast....oh, and let's not forget the tourists as well.
    And, here is one other thing to look at, which also may be of great benefit.
    If we Hunters, publicly outcry for the "governments attention", it may show the general public that we are
    not blood thirsty killers.
    That we like to know that there will be wildlife for all future generations, no matter how one goes about enjoying
    it recreationally.
    Also, by asking for "all license money" to go back into habitat conservation, the general public will also see that,
    we hunters, aren't asking for an extra cent from "their pockets".....(well not yet anyways, but maybe later...
    does that sound like the politician coming out in me??)
    You know as well as me and many on here, that this funding fiasco, and watching most of the money we spend on
    those licenses, just being dropped into "general revenue", has to stop, and should have long ago.
    But instated, I pick up those hunting regs, and every year, there is that little government cock sucker, who ever it
    is that was appointed at the time, spewing off about how the government is doing so much to benefit wildlife and
    the habitat, so that all us hunters we be happy.....ummm....I'm not happy.
    It's time we get of this F'n conveyer belt/hamster wheel, and start lighting some fires!
    Political Fires to start with (ha, another intended pun!)

https://www.leg.bc.ca/learn-about-us/members

This is how to find your MLA. Most will have an email address link, and most will probably be keen to hear from constituents coming into the voting cycle.

I agree with bugle 100%

Any govt. That wants to end grizzly hunting will not get .My vote!

Most MLA's don't even have a "frickin clue" about the outdoors.
    Let alone much passion to be out their in the backwoods on a regular basis like us.
    It's not that every MLA is a "bad person", I agree, but it's their "lack of understanding" on these issues at hand,
    that is causing this problem to not be rectified.

That's our fault.

We've really sat in camo for years, maybe calling for a useless regulations change here and there, and didn't say "boo" to our MLAs.

I don't think we can blame them for not knowing why we want a proper funding model. We didn't tell them.

Instead, healthcare/education/social justice warriors had the mic and yelled like hell - and look who got our money.
    Quote Originally Posted by chevy
    Sorry!!!! but in all honesty, i could care less,, what todbartell! actually thinks
    Quote Originally Posted by Will View Post
    but man how much pepporoni can your arshole take anyways !

Projects.

improvement.

If not....."Why Not"
    All good ideas, usually none of this stuff happens until election time.
    Education is the most powerful weapon which you can use to change the world.

Mandela