Thread: Legal /Non Legal Off Road LED Driving Lights

Legal /Non Legal Off Road LED Driving Lights

Recently added a set of LED driving lights to my vehicle - by the time you get out of your stand I thought that these would be very helpful for driving out of the bush on those dark roads on a already dirty vehicle. I was just informed by a friend that they should always have a cover on them when driving around town as you can get ticketed otherwise. Does anyone know if this is true ? I do remember the old KC Hi Lites with covers and the Boschs with the covers . Any info would be appreciated. Thanks.

2. Site Sponsor

Re: Legal /Non Legal Off Road LED Driving Lights

YES it is TRUE that all Driving lamps that do not have SAE or DOT aprroval are illegal to use on Main ? PUBLIC Roads and Highways ? here in BC and you can be ticketed by the CVSE guys ! You NEED to keep them covered up and only use them on the Outback Roads ? RJ

must have a cover when on public roads, they say on them or on the package somewhere that they are not meant for roads, or they are for offroad use only, my co-worker just had a smaller bar installed into his grill on his new dodge, and got nailed for not having it covered according to his ticket, its section 4.25 in the regs(not the act) uncovered illegal lamp and its a $109 donation to the province of BC

Ah, depends on where you are. I've had auxillary lighting on the front of my trucks for 4 or 5 years and never been hassled, but I don't use them on the highway or anything.
    I've heard that in the LML they're pretty on it though. I also don't have some massive 54" across the windshield of my brodozer.
    The only thing I like as much as trucks, is guns.

same here, i`m in Courtenay and have had one on numerous vehicles, never covered, ,my co-worker had just got nailed for speeding so i think the officer was either having a bad day, or my co-worker had a bit of attitude, which isnt uncommon for him.lol

I was stopped in PG during daylight for not having a cover on my light bar. He gave me a warning but I had to report to the local RCMP station within a certain time and prove I had covered it.

Victoia BC when not at work, otherwise up North

Not meaning hijacking your Tread but,

When will these Government Asshats ticket Car, light and heavy Truck Manufacturers for Factory installing almost useless Lights dangerous to drive with.

I guess its so easy bilking us the long suffering Public the forever paying Cash Cow, just disgusting.

Cheers

* When the People fear the Government there is Tyranny, when the Government fears the people there is liberty.
    * Studies have shown, Vegetarians are poor providers !
    * We are told this is the Information age. Seems to me more like the missinfomation age !
    * Most always the soft spoken ones are the most deceiving and Dangerous !
    * The Law is no substitute for Morality !

Be safe and happy Trails !

I'll cover up them up with a scope sock or something until I order up a set of covers.
    Thanks for all the info.