Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 2 Weeks of Chaos

2 Weeks of Chaos

The only way to describe the last two weeks out for geese with field marshal and the usual suspects is complete and utter madness. Including my earlier post of our outing in the snow the party has totaled 122 geese in the past 2 week period. Truly a record spring season for us. Field marshal has made it his mission to reduce the vancouver island goose population and his plan of action has been rather successful. There has been a few slower days in between but they have all still been fun to say the least. The first pic was an epic day out, had 22 on the ground by 8 o'clock and 40 once we were finished. The accuracy began to deteriorate near the end but we managed to finish it off. I left evidence of that in the video as the one pair came in real nice yet still escaped. The second snow day forced the birds to fly lower in the morning and they decoyed beautifully. Very few pairs survived that day, got just short of another 4 man limit with 37. All in all the spring season has been treating us very well, and hopefully it will stay that way until the 10th. Kyle Klassen somehow managed to sneak out of all his photos this time??

Video---> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7Z82...hannel=BHardie

When the work really starts...

2. Site Sponsor

Re: 2 Weeks of Chaos

Sounds like good times, and plenty of memories. Awesome....
    The measure of a man is not how much power he has, it's how he wields it.

I have never been hunting for migratory birds, question for you... You gonna eat all those? What do you do with em all? How long would it take to pluck all of those or 30-40 of em? I've had the discussion with my buddies about doing it, but I always say it's a lot of gear and work to go shoot a goose. I couldn't imagine what I would do with half that many. But I bet it is fun as hell, nice work.

not gonna lie I'm a little jelious!! nice work,there is a big pile of pepperoni .

Quote Originally Posted by Bear Brawler View Post
    I have never been hunting for migratory birds, question for you... You gonna eat all those? What do you do with em all? How long would it take to pluck all of those or 30-40 of em? I've had the discussion with my buddies about doing it, but I always say it's a lot of gear and work to go shoot a goose. I couldn't imagine what I would do with half that many. But I bet it is fun as hell, nice work.

Yep, all of them. We skin the meat off then take it to get different types of sausage made. It's going to be a big order this year...

That looks like a lot of fun. Congratulations on an awesome harvest.

I'd love to try that one day... Guess I'd better get a 12 gauge!
    A conservationist is an environmentalist with a gun.

Nice haul that's production, makes dragging your dekes out worth the effort thanks for the pics...

Congrats, good times and good haul.

Hhhhhhhmmmmmmmm goose sausage
    Finland is a neutral country - but the guns point to the east.

...Putting on a clinic awesome footage...you guys make it look easy

Well done!!! That little midget is a straight killer! NO question about that!

That is some DANDY ear ringing at 1:29 lol
    Last edited by lorneparker1; 02-27-2017 at 06:11 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bear Brawler View Post
    Just lob a couple loaded mouse traps at em like you're playing horse shoes. More humane than bouncing darts off them.