Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Kifaru Paratarp

Kifaru Paratarp

Anyone using this? Just want to find out some pros/cons

Cheers, Rob
    Not All Who Wander Are Lost

2. Site Sponsor

Re: Kifaru Paratarp

I have the paratarp. A bit tight when pitched fully to the ground but good enough to fit sleeping bag and pack/gun/boots/etc beside you. Its pretty light at about a pound so its pretty much always in my pack and its roomy when pitched off the ground. It has handled okay in a few snow storms up in the alpine but the entrance is always open and the snow will make the tarp sag. The small footprint is nice to find flat ground to pitch it.

Look into the Mountainsmith mountain shelter LT. Way cheaper and basically the same thing. Read some reviews on the rokslide forum.

Thats a pretty decent price for that set up. I ordered the Stratospire 1 this morning. Been on the fence with shelters for too long so pulled the trigger on this. pretty much has all that Im looking for.

Rob
    Not All Who Wander Are Lost

Quote Originally Posted by MattB View Post
    Look into the Mountainsmith mountain shelter LT. Way cheaper and basically the same thing. Read some reviews on the rokslide forum.
    Hadnt seen these before, I question the durability side by side with the kifaru, but for the money saved it'd definitely be worth trying.

Ive got a mountain smith LT, cant beat the price of it, specially if you want to try out the floorless style of shelter. Only draw back of the LT is that its pretty heavy, but two guys could easily fit inside.

Quote Originally Posted by SR80 View Post
    Ive got a mountain smith LT, cant beat the price of it, specially if you want to try out the floorless style of shelter. Only draw back of the LT is that its pretty heavy, but two guys could easily fit inside.
    Ive got one too. Pretty much have a tent for any kinda of hunt. Mountainsmith mountain shelter for solo hunts, a hubba hubba for early season sheep or deer hunts, a sierra designs origami for light weight early season trips, a hilleberg nallo 3gt for later season trips or hunts where i expect bad weather, and a kifaru 6 man tipi and large stove for any cold hunt with a few guys.

Quote Originally Posted by MattB View Post
    Ive got one too. Pretty much have a tent for any kinda of hunt. Mountainsmith mountain shelter for solo hunts, a hubba hubba for early season sheep or deer hunts, a sierra designs origami for light weight early season trips, a hilleberg nallo 3gt for later season trips or hunts where i expect bad weather, and a kifaru 6 man tipi and large stove for any cold hunt with a few guys.

Do you have condensation issues with the kifaru tipi?

Ever think about putting stove jack on the mountain smith?

Just ordered a Mountainsmith from Amazon as I'm going to the US for a few days anyhow...$100 isn't too bad. Will be good for getting out there on my own, for sure.