Thread: Cougar meat anyone?

Cougar meat anyone?

I've cooked it a few different ways, read all the recipes on the forum and the 'net, and ... I just don't like the flavor. I don't want it to go to waste, so... anyone want it?

It's from November. Butchered and prep'd really well, no hair or fat left on it. I take good care of my meat.

I'm in Vancouver. Just PM me a day where you can come by in the evening with a cooler and I'll pm you my address.

2. Site Sponsor

Re: Cougar meat anyone?

Hmmm. Cat. Delicious. But 20 minutes later you're hungry again.

I kid. Good on you Sangster for not letting it go to waste, and for butchering it in the first place. Most of us would have removed the pelt and called it good..
    Is Justin Competent, or just incompetent?

Pemby_mess Guest

I'll take some - I won't be in Vancouver for an other week or so, but I can stop by while I'm there for sure. That's kind of you offering it up. Thanks

I ate my fair share of "cougar" before..... I liked it....
    I support PETA!
    People Eating Tasty Animals!

Make it into salami, you won't be able to tell what it is. I fed it to the guys at work and they all loved it even after I told them what it was.

Quote Originally Posted by Sangstercraft View Post
    I've cooked it a few different ways, read all the recipes on the forum and the 'net, and ... I just don't like the flavor. I don't want it to go to waste, so... anyone want it?

It's from November. Butchered and prep'd really well, no hair or fat left on it. I take good care of my meat.

I'm in Vancouver. Just PM me a day where you can come by in the evening with a cooler and I'll pm you my address.
    Tempting. I'm allergic to cats. Will that be a problem?

Thanks guys, there's been a lot of pm's sent to me about this pussy so I think it'll all be spoken for.

Quote Originally Posted by shortrange View Post
    Tempting. I'm allergic to cats. Will that be a problem?
    You are probably allergic to the cat hair, not the meat...
    "It's not the kill, but the thrill of the chase" - Deep Purple

"Lord knows I'm a Voodoo chile" - SRV (RIP 8-27-90)

"Know your Land, Know your Prey" - Mantracker

http://www.youtube.com/user/welderse...e=results_main

I am just curious, do you guys get your cougars tested?

Being more serious, i honestly would be afraid to eat cougar meat without prior testing it. I read that in some areas 70% of wolves have at least one or two types of parasites. I am not sure boiling or smoking kills all parasites. Am I a bit of paranoid?

Pemby_mess Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Sambor View Post
    I am just curious, do you guys get your cougars tested?

Being more serious, i honestly would be afraid to eat cougar meat without prior testing it. I read that in some areas 70% of wolves have at least one or two types of parasites. I am not sure boiling or smoking kills all parasites. Am I a bit of paranoid?
    Somewhat paranoid.

Cooking long and well, nothing that is alive will be afterward. Plus, if you happen to get a parasite, it's likely not terminal and modern medicine takes care of it quite easily.