Thread: Alberta Sask waterfowlers

guest Guest

Alberta Sask waterfowlers

Hello Alberta and Sask. Waterfowlers and hunters.
    we are looking for a connection or connections to farmers or hunters that may want to help my family and I line up our Dad at the bright age of 83 on a goose and duck hunt. Not looking to be guided, can't afford that, but we can do a ton of work readying for any shoot or after. Can any one help us out. What goes around can certainly come around. Hunt /fishing swap?
    Please PM me if possible.
    Thanks CT
    Last edited by guest; 03-03-2017 at 08:57 AM.

2. Site Sponsor

Re: Alberta Sask waterfowlers

I have free lanced in both areas and would recommend Alberta over Sask. Way less Americans. I know that sounds the way it sounds, but its facking brutal in Sask now.

I have hunted both provinces a few times completely free lance and I also have buddies that guide in each province. PM me if you would like and know the general area you are looking at.

Lorne
    Quote Originally Posted by Bear Brawler View Post
    Just lob a couple loaded mouse traps at em like you're playing horse shoes. More humane than bouncing darts off them.

I have been hunting mig. birds in Alberta for two seasons now since moving here from BC. Mostly east of Hwy #2 and between Reddeer and Edmonton. Permission to access land from farmer has not been hard to get, I've been turned down twice and only because the field was spoken for already. My experience has been about two days of scouting for everyday hunting on average. Less once you have an area scouted and get familiar with the flocks in the area. Buy the current county map to find out who owns the land. PM with any questions.

Great to get Dad out at 83!

guest Guest

Terrific Steve, thanks so much for your input.

Greatly appreciated, would be great to get in some good shoots with pops, we've had a couple incredible shoots in the past and had a good connection but a lot of that land was sold off and is now being used by guides ......

will heed your advise.
    Thanks CT

thanks Lorne for your PM

guest Guest

Thanks for the PMs guys, we got a great shoot lined up for the fall in an area with great history and pics of the incredible flights of Snows and Darks. Should be a BLAST ! No pun intended.

We're all stoked! Can't wait till Sept!

some good folks on this site.

Thanks again CT

guest Guest

Greatly appreciate the others that have PMed me, looking forward to the hook ups and futures shares both ways.

Some me great folks on here.

CT

Hey CT you know ole Bert will school you again

guest Guest

He's still shootin the 2 3/4 ...... Needs EM closer then the 3 and big Goos 3 1/2 lol