Page 26 of 46 FirstFirst ... 16242526272836 ... LastLast

Thread: Klappan Blockade -Defense fund for Criminal Charges Against Hunter

Re: Klappan Blockade -Defense fund for Criminal Charges Against Hunter

Once we know the trial date I think that maybe we should do a protest that day outside of all of our courthouses? I would be willing to spend the day outside of mine to show support.
    "Fight back, no battles have ever been won by a coward"

Hey Mick, I see you are having an exciting retirement...

Claude

Hi Mick, I really commend you on how you handled yourself in that situation. After reading the disgusting and irresonsible comments made about you by the Klabona Keepers Facebook page, I would strongly encourage you to ask your lawyer about seeking a civil suit for slander. This kind of crap makes my blood boil....

My lawyer appeared in court for me on March 7th and set the matter over to March 21st to appear again to fix a date for trial. He wants a couple weeks to review the material and to have a conversation with the Provincial Crown to see where they are coming from.

Claude-I do love being retired!!

Jingles-Yeah the Klabona Keepers do play nasty!!! I don't respect that crew at all!!

Any updates?

No updates yet. Waiting for my lawyer to review the disclosure packages and then we will meet and discuss the case in detail. Next Tuesday (21st) he will go to court to set a date for trial.
    Mick
    Hd09hogrider@gmail.com

Got a call from my lawyer yesterday. He is convinced from the evidence that there is no assault. He is discussing the matter with Crown. With respect to the uttering threats charge, he feels I could have chosen my words better but that I did not KNOWINGLY utter a threat. Again, he is working with crown to resolve this. It would be great if he is successful and this does not have to go to trial. At trial, there is always the possibility that I could get an unfavorable ruling and a conviction would have a serious impact on my business licence, my ability to travel and my PAL. This guy is supposed to be a good lawyer so we will see what he can get accomplished prior to setting foot in a court room. I sent him a bunch of screen shots of the death threats etc from Facebook and he advises he thinks he can get a change of venue to Terrace if this goes to trial.
    My complaint against the police for failing to keep the Ealue Lake Road open is moving thru the system. I got a letter from the Inspector of Terrace Detachment advising me my public complaint has been assigned to a Sgt. In Terrace Detachment and I should be hearing from him shortly. The goal will be to get assurances that the Police will do their job and keep the road clear for resident resource users next year .
    Mick McKee
    Hd09hogrider@Gmail

Good to hear Mick, keep fighting the good fight!