Page 5 of 46 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast

Thread: Klappan Blockade -Defense fund for Criminal Charges Against Hunter

Re: Klappan Blockade -Defense fund for Criminal Charges Against Hunter

Quote Originally Posted by chutineshooter View Post
    Well if you think the First Nation are going to get less rights your wrong, look at the resources the bands are getting control of. I think the best way to deal with a lot of the conflict would be to change the rules so you can only hunt in the management area that you live in.
    WTF after reading this I now know you are not a real hunter because no real hunter would ever say such a stupid comment like that. Who are you working for what is your agenda. I will not read another comment you post ever you have nothing I want to hear.
    A free people ought not only to be armed and disciplined, but they should have sufficient arms and ammunition to maintain a status of independence from any who might attempt to abuse them, which would include their own government.
    -- George Washington

" A long range shot should never be taken if the range is so great that a hold on the top the shoulders will not drop a bullet into the chest cavity." Author Jack O'Conner

It's about time someone stood up to the people running these road blocks. You have done us all a favor. Let's all do the same if we come across one

Couple years ago me and my buddy and gf were hunting in cayacuse and nit nat, we went driving down a dead end road about 600 yards. When we came back up the road there were two 3' for trees across the road. I never did figure out how they did it but about ten minutes later a couple boys from the local reserve showed up demanding $100 to cut us out. Of course hunting we had hardly any cash so my buddy looks at him and says how bout $50 and a case of lucky.......,...... They actually agreed. About 20 minutes later they were back and cut us out. Just goes to show always be ready for anything.

I carry a chainsaw, soon to be two and extensive gear to deal with such issues in the bush. I have done this since spring, 1965 and will always be ready when exploring bush roads.

I would NEVER tolerate such behaviour and my truck is also equipped with a Benelli 14" Super Nova, retractable stock as one of my "bear defence" guns. I also always have 1-2 bolt action centerfire rifles and my old Marlin 336-.44M-10 shots, ghost and post sights and very smooth in feeding it's ten shots.

Now, would I defend myself and disabled wife, well, I most certainly will and am ready.
    Last edited by BgBlkDg; 02-25-2017 at 09:07 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by chutineshooter View Post
    Well if you think the First Nation are going to get less rights your wrong, look at the resources the bands are getting control of. I think the best way to deal with a lot of the conflict would be to change the rules so you can only hunt in the management area that you live in.

Unbelievably statement as others have said I'm a resident of B.C not of M.U. 1-1 get your head out of your ass!
    If rcmp had done there job this would not be happening.

The one issue though as we all know and I am status Metis and respect native rights before anyone craps on this post is this: we all know that when the rcmp arrests a native, or interrogates them about something they're doing, or tries to actually stop them from committing an offence like this all we ever see on the news is the edited footage shot by one of the other blockaders. You never see the guy getting in the cops face, or attacking the police, running away, pointing a gun, pulling a knife etc. All you ever see is the cops kneeling on some guys back face in the dirt and the headline (Are the RCMP going to far) or whatever. I have watched tons of videos of cops "beating people up" and very rarely do you see the whole story. Having said this I would also like to add the two best ass kickings I've ever taken were from RCMP in my youth and I very much deserved it. So yes I do know what it's like being "abused" by the police before anyone asks. And a friend of mine did film it once and we tried to have the cop disciplined with no luck. Looking back years later I realized yes he went over board but if I was a cop surrounded by drunk yahoo 18 year olds so would I. Man this got me fired up.

Quote Originally Posted by snipersights View Post
    The one issue though as we all know and I am status Metis and respect native rights before anyone craps on this post is this: we all know that when the rcmp arrests a native, or interrogates them about something they're doing, or tries to actually stop them from committing an offence like this all we ever see on the news is the edited footage shot by one of the other blockaders. You never see the guy getting in the cops face, or attacking the police, running away, pointing a gun, pulling a knife etc. All you ever see is the cops kneeling on some guys back face in the dirt and the headline (Are the RCMP going to far) or whatever. I have watched tons of videos of cops "beating people up" and very rarely do you see the whole story. Having said this I would also like to add the two best ass kickings I've ever taken were from RCMP in my youth and I very much deserved it. So yes I do know what it's like being "abused" by the police before anyone asks. And a friend of mine did film it once and we tried to have the cop disciplined with no luck. Looking back years later I realized yes he went over board but if I was a cop surrounded by drunk yahoo 18 year olds so would I. Man this got me fired up.
    Snipersights, help me out here as I am not sure what you re getting at as most of what you are saying is about the RCMP as I would like your honest opinion of the actual incedent that happened at the road block as I don't think the RCMP were there but perhaps I am wrong?

I'm saying unfortunately if the rcmp were to get involved as they should and stop this blockade some native would film it getting out of hand and send it to the media. Not defending the cops but it's hard for them to arrest any minority group without landing in the papers. IMO I think that's why they avoid issues like this most of the time. Mostly just a rant though lol I did post a few comments on the blockade Facebook page.

Quote Originally Posted by snipersights View Post
    I'm saying unfortunately if the rcmp were to get involved as they should and stop this blockade some native would film it getting out of hand and send it to the media. Not defending the cops but it's hard for them to arrest any minority group without landing in the papers. IMO I think that's why they avoid issues like this most of the time. Mostly just a rant though lol I did post a few comments on the blockade Facebook page.
    Thanks for the clarification, I have always believed and have taught my children to respect the law but this one is really hard to explained to them, it will be really interesting how this all plays out in the end!

I certainly do not take any joy in bashing the RCMP. I was one for 20 years. But the local detachment, in my view, is dropping the ball here!!. They are playing the politics and standing by, not taking a side, until ordered by the court. That is throwing the resident hunter under the damn bus!!! The road block is illegal!! It did not just become illegal on Oct 4th when Judge Macintosh ordered the police to remove it. It was illegal on Sept 13th, when the police had knowledge of it's existence. If at that time the police had done their job and kept the public access road open then none of this controversy would have happened. I talked to one of the guys at the detachment who I have known for years and he told me the "higher ups" had given direction to leave it alone. That is why I took the time to lodge a formal complaint with the Civilian Review and Complaints Commission of the RCMP. So I know and respect the job that the RCMP do, but in this situation they need to step up to the plate and work for ALL CANADIANS!!