Page 10 of 46 FirstFirst ... 8910111220 ... LastLast

Thread: Klappan Blockade -Defense fund for Criminal Charges Against Hunter

Re: Klappan Blockade -Defense fund for Criminal Charges Against Hunter

Quote Originally Posted by the hermit View Post
    so goat guy can the bcwf step up and help with mick's legal costs? If not why not? Thanks
    x2........

Pemby_ I totally agree that this whole situation needs to be sorted out. It has taken many years, decades of negotiation and I'm sure it will take decades more. In the interim there will be many contacts between resident hunters and native hunters. The law of the land must prevail and we must all follow it.

This leads me to the point you make that I do not agree with. I believe that if the Tahltan do not follow the laws of the land then anger directed towards them is not misdirected. How can you say in one sentence that the state can't let rogue vigilantism happen and that there needs to be a predictable accountable system in place and then in the next sentence say anger is misdirected at the tahltan's when they are conducting this rogue vigilantism?

They can protest in a lawful manner and make there point known to their government and the prov/Fed Governments. They cannot expect support when they knowingly break the law by stopping other residents of this country from enjoying the fruits of this beautiful land. The Ealue lake road is a public access road to a vast wild country where hunters, fishers, backpackers, outdoor photographers, campers and horseback riders all have a right to access and enjoy.

The local Police need to realize that enforcement of the law does not depend on how they will be viewed politically. They need to enforce it fairly across the the entire population. If the tahltan's know they will be arrested for blocking the road, their protest will be short lived.

I still think about the guy that has planned a hunting trip all year long, spent considerable time and money preparing, and driven for 2 days, only to arrive and find a barricade in his way. He is alone and knows his police will do nothing to help him. How helpless a feeling.... We are men and feeling helpless does not sit well with us.....Some can turn the other cheek and I commend them for that ability....Me-I hate being slapped!

Simply not right....

The BCWF "stepping up" would show hunters are standing behind Mick & could have a bearing on the courts decision..

but the state can't let rogue vigilantism happen.
    Unfortunately that is exactly where I see this going. One of these days these blockaders or others like them, are going to be faced by a dozen trucks with blacked out license plates, full of guys wearing ski masks. Perhaps I'm overdramatizing a tad, but I do think there is a pushback coming if the gov't doesn't start putting some shackles on this behavior, and I do think at some point that pushback will become violent. From poaching on private land to illegally blocking roads etc, etc...you can only kick a dog so many times before it bites you.

JMO
    Chris
    "Do not go where the path may lead,
    go instead where there is no path and leave a trail."
    Emerson

To Willyqbc: I feel exactly the same way Chris. I can see several hunters meeting at the tatooga lodge then driving up the road in mass and not being in the mood to deal with an illegal roadblock. Things could get ugly fast. I was only one guy....I can imagine the carnage if a "dozen good ol' boys" showed up!! That is another reason why I took the time to lodge a formal complaint against the RCMP for failing to do their job keep the road open. If they do their job then things should go smoothly....giving time for higher level negotiations to settle the big picture.

Just out of curiosity, what happened when you went through the blockade on your way out?

Quote Originally Posted by willyqbc View Post
    Unfortunately that is exactly where I see this going. One of these days these blockaders or others like them, are going to be faced by a dozen trucks with blacked out license plates, full of guys wearing ski masks. Perhaps I'm overdramatizing a tad, but I do think there is a pushback coming if the gov't doesn't start putting some shackles on this behavior, and I do think at some point that pushback will become violent. From poaching on private land to illegally blocking roads etc, etc...you can only kick a dog so many times before it bites you.

JMO
    Chris
    Your opinion is correct, now to get the mass of hunters in this province to step up before it's too late.
    If you can pack it in, You can pack it out !!!

UNITED WE STAND, DIVIDED WE FALL !!!

BCWF
    WSSBC
    CCFR
    " The secret of change is to focus all your energy, not on fighting the old, but building on the new"
    Socrates.

Donation sent. We all need to support Mick as this also affects each and every one of us. Every dollar counts no matter how small, keep this going.

Send your donations to: hd09hogrider@gmail.com
    If you can pack it in, You can pack it out !!!

UNITED WE STAND, DIVIDED WE FALL !!!

BCWF
    WSSBC
    CCFR
    " The secret of change is to focus all your energy, not on fighting the old, but building on the new"
    Socrates.

ToTuner, On my way out they had the road blocked with a car and I got out of my truck and yelled at them to move it and it was like Moses parting the red sea. They moved it right away. I then stopped and got into a conversation with a camera man and I guess he was delaying me till the Cavalry arrived. A guy pulls up and blocks me. I have a conversation with him and ask him politely to move his vehicle and he says no. I asked again with no response. So I finally said that he has a very nice vehicle there and I drive an old truck but if he does not move his truck now I am going to ram the thing out of my way. He believed me and moved his vehicle.

Mick McKee
    hd09hogrider@gmail.com
    Last edited by hogzotic; 02-26-2017 at 09:23 PM.

Thank you Ride red for the very generous donation!! I want to thank everyone that has read this thread and provided feedback and comments of support. I have raised $1950.00 in my defense fund so far. I am overwhelmed with the response and generosity. My legal bill is looking smaller every day!!

Mick McKee
    hd09hogrider@gmail.com