Page 36 of 46 FirstFirst ... 263435363738 ... LastLast

Thread: Klappan Blockade -Defense fund for Criminal Charges Against Hunter

Re: Klappan Blockade -Defense fund for Criminal Charges Against Hunter

in case you didn't know, a conditional discharge, if that is what you got, (with community service or probation or just simply keeping the peace) will still be considered as pleading guilty to the US immigration....if they consider/catagorize the charge as a crime of moral turpitude they can bar you from entering the US even with a conditional discharge...I have not heard of the "alternative" measures you mentioned....can you forgo (skip) a guilty plea to have them applied?

On a Conditional Discharge you still have a criminal record, even if you meet the conditions and complete it. You can apply for a pardon but even then it's on your record. " Your known to the cops."
    -- going across border into the U.S could screw your chances of getting back out of the U.S.
    -- Now you will be wondering every time you cross an international border, especially involving guns and violence.
    Jel -- that's the reality of getting a conviction on your RCMP files -- they "KNOW you" Now!!

Arrow Re: Klappan Blockade -Defense fund for Criminal Charges Against Hunter

Given his background in enforcement, I am pretty certain he would understand the point being made here:

Quote Originally Posted by wideopenthrottle View Post
    in case you didn't know, a conditional discharge, if that is what you got, (with community service or probation or just simply keeping the peace) will still be considered as pleading guilty to the US immigration....if they consider/catagorize the charge as a crime of moral turpitude they can bar you from entering the US even with a conditional discharge...
    While I obviously cannot speak to the intrinsics of this particular case:
    I have not heard of the "alternative" measures you mentioned....can you forgo (skip) a guilty plea to have them applied?
    I can, from personal experience, suggest that entering into such an alternative arrangement can indeed be accomplished without having a guilty plea applied to your record. I ain't about to get into the specifics, but have had that exact experience in the past. Betting this is the case in this matter as well.

BTW - Way to go!! Did indeed bring a little faith back!
    And Best of Luck in the next pursuit!

Cheers,
    Nog
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zVNNhzkJ-UU&feature=related

Egotistical, Self Centered, Son of a Bitch Killer that Doesn't Play Well With Others.

Guess he got to Know me

It's called plea bargaining, the Prosecutor wants the worst and the clients lawyer wants him off scott frr. It won't happen, so they bargoon. Compromise and give a little to take a little then.
    -- we drop this you plead to this bla bla bla. til the end here, as you see it's bargained away.
    now -- the law ain't going to back down and be embarrassed because of a deal, that happens on every case. Indictable offences are serious and summary is less serious.
    The court needs to move cases along for time, they out the most important first and bump the time slot for a weaker charge,
    -- It's court time that's the priority -- so they make deals to get them done and gone,
    Brooks and Done!
    Jel -- Court time is valuable to the Feds and they kick yer ass along to get rid of you --
    Last edited by Jelvis; 06-14-2017 at 12:26 PM. Reason: YOUR ONLY ANOTHER BOTHER

I had a conditional discharge when I was 18 and only pleaded guilty as my lawyer told me it was best not to fight it even though I was uninvolved....after 27 years of crossing the border truthfully answering all their questions about it I was suddenly told I could no longer cross about 5 years ago....I can get a waiver for about 1000US for the first year and 600US every 5 years after that....I refuse to pay so obviously I have not been back to the Excited States of America since

I had a conditional discharge when I was 18 and only pleaded guilty as my lawyer told me it was best not to fight it even though I was uninvolved....after 27 years of crossing the border truthfully answering all their questions about it I was suddenly told I could no longer cross about 5 years ago....I can get a waiver for about 1000US for the first year and 600US every 5 years after that....I refuse to pay so obviously I have not been back to the Excited States of America since
    And they call it the justice system

Hey WOT your not missing much, I live right on our southern border and loath going across, when I do it is never a better feeling to come back.

Yes I pled not guilty. It was not a conditional discharge. The charge was stayed. Dropped...and shows that on the police computers.

A stay means they don't go further with the charge. Can be part of a plea bargoon also.
    -- Say you got a Indictable charge for a gun offence including a victim but no one hurt.
    -- Uttering threats for what you said
    -- then another charge along with it like ( common assault, cuz you pushed the victim also.
    The lawyers for and against have so much court time to handle cases and they got lots piled up.
    -- so they get together in the hall way and say look, let's get this out of the way the Judge is looking over his glasses.
    So the prosecuter says, we drop the Indictable offence which carry's federal time over two years and you plead guilty to lesser charge of common assault. Or we go all the way.
    -- Accused lawyer talks to client and says, this is the best deal your going to get, do you want to take it? I suggest you do donut ok! Ok.
    Then back in court and do deal-- done!
    Saves court time, lawyer time and moves the system along faster.
    Jel -- Lawyers are important when going to court, no Judge wants an accused as his own lawyer.
    He's got a fool for a client if he or she does.

glad to hear hog.....i was with my wife and young child at the time and when i asked the young fellow why i was allowed to cross for 27 years fully explaining how i was picked up in a car full of guys with a couple cases of stolen booze in the trunk at 18, he looked around to see that no one was in earshot and said quietly..."you must have been dealing with customs officers"....puffed his chest out and exclaimed " i'm Immigration"...i was floored...and being more of a boy scout than a criminal i recoiled in pure shock of being labeled as having committed a "crime of moral terpitude.....as others have said, i dont miss it...my passpport lets me travel anywhere else in the world i want......a cop friend once told me to get it pardoned off my record but i said "no biggy it was discharged"..."i have no convictions".....not sure if it would have helped or not but if anyone else is in the same boat i would get it off your record if you can...cheers