Page 1 of 46 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Klappan Blockade -Defense fund for Criminal Charges Against Hunter

Klappan Blockade -Defense fund for Criminal Charges Against Hunter

My name is Mick McKee and on September 24, 2016, I was on my way to go moose hunting at the Klappan River, near Dease lake in Northern B.C., when I ran into an illegal road block on the Ealue lake road, manned by natives of the Tahltan Nation. I tried to negotiate my way thru the road block with no success. I then began dismantling the road block and used my chain saw to buck up the logs blocking the road. I then tried to drive around the road block , towing my 20' trailer and one of the natives moved in front of my truck, trying further to stop me. I continued to drive very slowly giving him time to move out of the way, and then I was able to continue on my way to the Klappan River. On October 4, 2016, the honourable Mr. Justice Macintosh issued an injunction and ordered the Police to remove the road block, citing the persons manning the road block were committing acts of Mischief and intimidation. No one manning the illegal road block has been charged with any offenses.

I have since been charged with "assault with a weapon " and "uttering threats to burn". I have to appear in Terrace Provincial court on March 7, 2017 to fix a date for trial. I expect the trial to go ahead in August 2017. I believe this case can have far reaching effects on resident B.C. hunters in the future and I am asking for help to fund my defense against what I view is a politically motivated prosecution.

I initially tried to set up a "go fund me" account, however it was shut down shortly after it went operational as "Gofundme" cannot be involved in raising money associated to criminal activities.
    If you can donate to my defense, please forward an e=transfer to my email, hd09hogrider@gmail.com. I also have a web page at kermodeinvestigations.ca

Mick McKee
    250-641-5809

Here is a link of the video showing the confrontation. https://www.facebook.com/klabonakeepers/videos/1301072163244836/

2. Site Sponsor

Re: Klappan Blockade -Defense fund for Criminal Charges Against Hunter

Sounds like bullshit charges. If it was assault with a weapon I think you'd be looking for bail money instead.

Hopefully you can come out ahead.

Difficult legal situation for sure.

Hopefully you have sound legal counsel, and something positive can come out of this. Please try to always take the high-road, like you mentioned this has far reaching impacts to many BC Hunters.
    What goes around, comes around. Think first, and always act with respect.

Thanks Mick for standing up for hunters, I will donate what I can.

Scroll down on the page and watch the video Maybe the mods can make this thread a sticky.
    https://www.facebook.com/klabonakeep...type=2&theater

Yes, I agree totally, I tried negotiating to no avail, even tried to barter. There is a bottom line though, i cant stand by and watch people committing criminal acts to dominate me. I just wanted to go hunting, ....had looked forward to it ...and was not about to let a special interest group stop me from my lawful pursuits.

thanks Spy

You are way out of line, you are the very reason that First Nations hate residents, have you seen the crap up and down the rivers and trails and the so called cashes that residents leave behind? Are you one if the hunters that goes in and shoots a moose takes the 4 quarters and leaves the rest? You are plain and simply being charged for an illegal activity and when the rest of the world gets into trouble we don't go begging for money.
    There were moose hunters in that area last year useing a drone for spotting.... i am a resident hunter of bc and i question what you are making us all look like.

Quote Originally Posted by chutineshooter View Post
    You are way out of line, you are the very reason that First Nations hate residents, have you seen the crap up and down the rivers and trails and the so called cashes that residents leave behind? Are you one if the hunters that goes in and shoots a moose takes the 4 quarters and leaves the rest? You are plain and simply being charged for an illegal activity and when the rest of the world gets into trouble we don't go begging for money.
    There were moose hunters in that area last year useing a drone for spotting.... i am a resident hunter of bc and i question what you are making us all look like.
    Only a matter of time....

Stay strong Mick!

Quote Originally Posted by chutineshooter View Post
    So are you in favour of blocking roads and keeping certain groups out ?