Page 20 of 46 FirstFirst ... 10181920212230 ... LastLast

Thread: Klappan Blockade -Defense fund for Criminal Charges Against Hunter

1899 Guest

Re: Klappan Blockade -Defense fund for Criminal Charges Against Hunter

Quote Originally Posted by Pemby_mess View Post
    That all sounds exceptionally reasonable. I hadn't realized that this took place before the injunction.

Something is nagging at me though. And I'm having trouble seeing how it makes any difference in this particular scenario.

humour me for a moment:

I decide one day to go into Stanley park, and a schizophrenic meth addict gets it into his head that I have no right to recreate there. So he dances all around me in hysterics, puts his body up against mine in order to intimidate me and ultimately prevent my passing. I can't then push him out of the way and go about my personal business? If so, it would be assault?

What's different here? Unequal match of using the vehicle? There's only one other plain language difference that I can discern , but won't mention it on a public forum.
    I don't want to speculate about various scenarios - other than to say one has to think "how can I avoid this situation"? That is really what the "law" wants - leave it up to the LEO, if at all possible.

Pemby_mess Guest

Quote Originally Posted by 1899 View Post
    I don't want to speculate about various scenarios - other than to say one has to think "how can I avoid this situation"? That is really what the "law" wants - leave it up to the LEO, if at all possible.
    Ok I hear ya. Thanks and had a feeling it was something to do with that. Well, I still am going to be following with interest and wish Mick the best of luck with it.

I still ill feel it's unfortunate that he was charged. Nobody was hurt. Sometimes I wish the Law could act more like an old school HS principle in these situations:

"shake hands and make up!" finger wagging, "now let the authorities handle it next time!"

lol

I believe in going thru that roadblock that I was "out there on the edge" and that serious injury to myself or my property was a very real possibility. This was later validated by the barrage of death and serious injury threats posted on Facebook. I was one guy, alone and there were more people at the roadblock and two buildings there that clearly could have been housing more. So I feel section 27 is relevant. The use of force/self defense sections of the cc often overlap and section 34 (1) Everyone who is unlawfully assaulted ....(Assault being defined as-Everyone commits an assault when without the consent of another person, he applies force intentionally to that other person, directly or indirectly)....without provoking the assault is justified in repelling force by force if the force he uses is not intended to cause death or grievous bodily harm and is no more than is necessary to enable him to defend himself.
    I don't think there is any hunter on this post that has been turned away at the roadblock that would say that he would not have felt serious injury to himself or his property was not a real possibility, if he had tried to go thru. I believe that natives manning that blockade are applying force to the hunters going thru and further by stepping infront of my truck, banging on the hood and pushing my vehicle is applying force to me without my consent as I try to drive around the roadblock. Therefore he is assaulting me. So i can use force to repel force. I didn't provoke it, I was just driving down the road to go hunting and even after I cut the logs etc, I clearly try to drive around the roadblock taking my truck and Trailer into the ditch.
    I think my actions were restrained and that the force I used was not excessive and only that necessary to stop the offences being committed against me.
    Last edited by hogzotic; 02-28-2017 at 05:11 PM.

Curious what would happen if a bunch of resident hunters decided to set up their own roadblock a few KM before theirs? Would the RCMP show up?

I feel bad for you Mick...this issue has been going on for a long time.

Obviously frustrating and more so now that it's going to court. You know now it's showtime and at least nobody can or should be able to be dramatic.

Legal counsel will be extremely important.

To BC longshot-I meet with my lawyer tomorrow at 130 pm. He was referred to me as being a good criminal lawyer. I will see what he says about the case. I feel pretty strongly that what I did was reasonable with no intention of hurting anyone. Being by myself I did think that when I started to dismantle and bucked up the roadblock that my ass was hanging out there and I could very well have gotten hurt or my property destroyed. That was a very real possibility.
    Last edited by hogzotic; 02-28-2017 at 02:17 PM.

1899 Guest

Quote Originally Posted by hogzotic View Post
    I believe in going thru that roadblock that I was "out there on the edge" and that serious injury to myself or my property was a very real possibility. This was later validated by the barrage of death and serious injury threats posted on Facebook. I was one guy, alone and there were more people at the roadblock and two buildings there that clearly could have been housing more. So I feel section 27 is relevant. The use of force/self defense sections of the cc often overlap and section 34 (1) Everyone who is unlawfully assaulted (Assault being defined as-Everyone committed an assault when without the consent of another person, he applies force intentionally to that other person, directly or indirectly)without provoking the assault is justified in repelling force by force if the force he uses is not intended to cause death or grievous bodily harm and is no more than is necessary to enable him to defend himself.
    I don't think there is any hunter on this post that has been turned away at the roadblock that would say that he would not have felt serious injury to himself or his property was not a real possibility, if he had tried to go thru. I believe that natives manning that blockade are applying force to the hunters going thru and further by stepping infront of my truck, banging on the hood and pushing my vehicle is applying force to me without my consent as I try to drive around the roadblock. Therefore he is assaulting me. I didn't provoke it, I was just driving down the road to go hunting and even after I cut the logs etc, I clearly try to drive around the roadblock taking my truck and Trailer into the ditch.
    I think my actions were restrained and that the force I used was not excessive and only that necessary to stop the offences being committed against me.
    Note highlight. But as you know, it's not me you have to convince. You could give George Leven a call - excellent lawyer and an avid hunter. If I were you I'd be prepared to answer - "why didn't you just turn around?" and "you knew there was an RCMP station in Dease Lake, right?" and "you could have called and asked the RCMP for assistance if you needed to pass, right?" etc etc - and forget the moral and principled issues as those don't count.

I think the situation may be viewed very differently if you were in prior to the roadblock and trying to get out.

1899 you sound pretty knowledgable,please try to help him .to me it feels like you are busy pointing out what you think is wrong with his case as apposed to helping. Just describing my feelings after reading this post thru again

As we have seen on this thread, those that have a vested interest from the other side are paying attention to what is transpiring herein. There is no sense in us providing fodder for the other side.
    Instead, those of you who have a Facebook account should be complaining to Facebook how the Klabona Keeper page is fostering racist hate, law breaking. Perhaps the Klabona Keeper account would be closed down.
    ".....It will be far easier to limit and undo the follies of a Trudeau government than to restore the necessary common sense and good judgment to a depraved electorate willing to have such a man for their prime minister......​"

lets face it...mick actually DID what a large number of us tough guys SAY we would do....he deserves our support