Page 14 of 46 FirstFirst ... 4121314151624 ... LastLast

Thread: Klappan Blockade -Defense fund for Criminal Charges Against Hunter

Re: Klappan Blockade -Defense fund for Criminal Charges Against Hunter

Quote Originally Posted by RiverOtter View Post
    So riddle me this, unofficially of course....The Fed has $50,000 of members money to dump on an injunction to remove an illegal barricade that should have been removed "gratis", courtesy of the Dease lk RCMP. But then can't lift a finger to help a resident hunter exercising his legal right to hunt in his home province, because it might cause controversy???

The Fed absolutely wasted 50k IMO and still made zero SN(Same Nation, they're no more Canadian than anyone else born here) friends.

Curious, how many resident hunters actually made use of the open road, after the Fed "saved the day". Even then, how many would risk their camps getting ransacked because the RCMP refuses to do the very job our tax dollars pay them to do?

Maybe if the Fed actually took a chance and stuck their neck out for a resident hunter, they might actually gain enough credibility to start recouping enough membership to make the wheels turn in this province.

My rant for the day...Clint
    You get it ! I had the same conversation with a friend about this^^^^^^^ today.. Spend 50gs on getting a highway opened that is being illegally shut down?????

I just re-watched the video of you passing thru the blockade again and I do not see how that could be taken for as a assault. You can even hear a bystander say " Ryan you are endangering YOUR life" which to me means she felt he was choosing to put himself in your way and not the other way around. Just my 2 cents

I understand that people like pointing their fingers at organizations and demanding action because 'they paid their membership fees" but I don't know if I want the BCWF to set precedent by getting involved in individuals court cases.

This is probably as good a cause as any to open your wallet and donate to if it goes to trial.
    Knowledgeable shooters agree- The 375 Ruger is the NEW KING of all 375 caliber cartridges. ALL HAIL THE NEW KING!

It's good to hear that you appreciate the efforts of the BCWF Mick.

Like I said, I wasn't speaking for the BCWF, I was only thinking aloud at the pitfalls of funding legal endeavors such as this. Sometimes it's just a damned if you do, damned if you don't situation for the Fed. Can't please everyone, all of the time, or even some of the time.

Quote Originally Posted by hogzotic View Post
    To Spy: I appreciate everything the BCWF has done. It was their good work that got the injunction in place. Like I said they did entertain funding my defense but it is not it their mandate. So Please...continue with your memberships to BCWF and don't send your BCWF membership dues to me. They did great work and should be commended for their timely action!!!

Mick McKee
    hd09hogrider@gmail.com
    The measure of a man is not how much power he has, it's how he wields it.

Quote Originally Posted by Jagermeister View Post
    I think that you should ask for a venue change. State that your safety is compromised at the current location and I truly believe it is.
    Not a bad idea. I'd investigate whether that is an option.

Quote Originally Posted by Gatehouse View Post
    I understand that people like pointing their fingers at organizations and demanding action because 'they paid their membership fees" but I don't know if I want the BCWF to set precedent by getting involved in individuals court cases.

This is probably as good a cause as any to open your wallet and donate to if it goes to trial.
    Thats why they have a legal fund, so they can help members that are out hunting and run into troubles, just like Mick.

guest Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Whonnock Boy View Post

Like I said, I wasn't speaking for the BCWF, I was only thinking aloud at the pitfalls of funding legal endeavors such as this. Sometimes it's just a damned if you do, damned if you don't situation for the Fed. Can't please everyone, all of the time, or even some of the time.

Well said, hats off to Mick for standing up for resident hunters. I hope I can help you some how.

Quote Originally Posted by Spy View Post
    Thats why they have a legal fund, so they can help members that are out hunting and run into troubles, just like Mick.
    Do you have a link that outlines this legal fund?
    Knowledgeable shooters agree- The 375 Ruger is the NEW KING of all 375 caliber cartridges. ALL HAIL THE NEW KING!

Well said Clint (river otter). Beside my self at this point, cannot believe this has ran a course this far along. This is tax dollars spent at its very finest!!!! Seeing what's happenened in the last few months has shaken me, from the cow elk harvested on private property, while property owner looks on helplessly to the three sheep shot along the road for thier horns, it is clear where this is headed. Sad sad day .

Quote Originally Posted by Whonnock Boy View Post

Okay, so what happens this fall? The Fed wastes another 50k in court to remove a few logs from the same highway that the cops are supposed too?

Please tell me the insanity doesn't run that deep around the BCWF....

Hint: Spend 50k on habitat enhancement and at least help wildlife, if you're not interested in supporting resident hunters.