Page 13 of 46 FirstFirst ... 3111213141523 ... LastLast

Thread: Klappan Blockade -Defense fund for Criminal Charges Against Hunter

Re: Klappan Blockade -Defense fund for Criminal Charges Against Hunter

Quote Originally Posted by chutineshooter View Post
    You are way out of line, you are the very reason that First Nations hate residents, have you seen the crap up and down the rivers and trails and the so called cashes that residents leave behind? Are you one if the hunters that goes in and shoots a moose takes the 4 quarters and leaves the rest? You are plain and simply being charged for an illegal activity and when the rest of the world gets into trouble we don't go begging for money.
    There were moose hunters in that area last year useing a drone for spotting.... i am a resident hunter of bc and i question what you are making us all look like.
    who is this nut bar? 6 posts lol...time for a boot n ban
    WSSBC Monarch
    WSF Life Member
    2% Certified
    RMGA Member
    CCFR Member

Quote Originally Posted by Darksith View Post
    who is this nut bar? 6 posts lol...time for a boot n ban
    Not sure who he is but I'd bet he's gone back to the roadblock! K
    Last edited by f350ps; 02-27-2017 at 05:20 PM.

one question...have the police or crown seen your video?
    WSSBC Monarch
    WSF Life Member
    2% Certified
    RMGA Member
    CCFR Member

Pemby_mess Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Darksith View Post
    one question...have the police or crown seen your video?
    Now there's a good question.

it seems to me that the video was taken and edited by the blockade participants and is what would be used against him. I could be wrong. If that is the best evidence to support "assault with a weapon" then the Crown would appear to be on very shaky ground with that. Given the blockade was illegal, I think the video is to Mr. Mckee's credit.

The blockade proponents are getting traction through social media using the preconceived assumption that the blockade is legitimate. Some members of the Tahltan perhaps do feel that way but in the eyes of the law it's not. If it was a legitimate restriction to protect some sort of exclusive use classification, only then could I see how Mr. Mckee's actions could be construed as an offence.

It's actually pretty interesting. It's kind of seems like the Province is yielding to the Tahltan's demands without codifying the ground rules.

Quote Originally Posted by Whonnock Boy View Post
    Not officially speaking for the BCWF I'll say this. Mr. McKee acted on his own, and I doubt the Fed would want to encourage future instances of possible illegal activities and participation in highly volatile events by financially supporting Mr. McKee. Summed up, it's a journey filled with trap doors and controversy. In addition, the Fed already spent $50,000 on the injunction.
    So riddle me this, unofficially of course....The Fed has $50,000 of members money to dump on an injunction to remove an illegal barricade that should have been removed "gratis", courtesy of the Dease lk RCMP. But then can't lift a finger to help a resident hunter exercising his legal right to hunt in his home province, because it might cause controversy???

The Fed absolutely wasted 50k IMO and still made zero SN(Same Nation, they're no more Canadian than anyone else born here) friends.

Curious, how many resident hunters actually made use of the open road, after the Fed "saved the day". Even then, how many would risk their camps getting ransacked because the RCMP refuses to do the very job our tax dollars pay them to do?

Maybe if the Fed actually took a chance and stuck their neck out for a resident hunter, they might actually gain enough credibility to start recouping enough membership to make the wheels turn in this province.

My rant for the day...Clint

EXACTLY, and one of THE BEST commentaries on this disgrace I have ever read!

When, some time ago, I saw photos of the smug, grinning "Chief" Stuart Phillip, meeting with and dictating to senior execs. of the BCWF, I decided that the "Fed" has become a waste of time and energy.

The end of all of this will be violence, no question.

To Darksith: Yes , both the Police and Crown have seen both videos and that is what they are basing the charges on, along with the witness statements of course.

To Pemby: I am amazed that RTCC (Report to Crown Council) got thru charge approval-I agree, it stinks of politics!!!

Quote Originally Posted by BgBlkDg View Post
    I decided that the "Fed" has become a waste of time, energy and money.
    Minor addition.

Someone in the know better copy that video before it disappears..