Page 17 of 46 FirstFirst ... 7151617181927 ... LastLast

Thread: Klappan Blockade -Defense fund for Criminal Charges Against Hunter

Re: Klappan Blockade -Defense fund for Criminal Charges Against Hunter

We are all suppose to be Canadians living and hunting on Crown land .We are all suppose to be under the SAME Canadian law.And no one is above the law and that includes Natives .. . They had no right to stop anyone . And of course that man should not have put himself in Harms way . . The man driving the truck should have reported it . Under the law , yes it was Assault ... The proper authorities should have got off there ass and did something about the blockade and it would not have happen in the first place . Anyone who uses the Word racist is a racist . WE ALL KNOW Excactly what its all about .. GREED .
    " Never tell me the Odds "

1899 Guest

Whether or not the blockade was legal is not the issue. Whether or not the police did their job after the injunction is not the issue. There are only two issue in this case: Did he commit an assault by using a weapon, and did he, in any manner, utter or convey threats to burn, destroy or damage real or personal property? That's it.

This won't set a precedent for anything. Keep in mind that the injunction was granted 10 days AFTER this incident.

Quote Originally Posted by Pemby_mess View Post
    There won't be any kind of legal precedent set; that's true.

However, it does lend legitimacy and justification to the action of blocking access to Crown land. It's the state's authority backing one party inconsistent with its own laws. That's really problematic.

If there is a conviction, it says to all those thinking of setting these things up; that their tactics work. Even the charges themselves speak volumes. As someone thinking of defying an illegal roadblock, the fact that he was even charged, tells me I will suffer at least a legal nuisance for trying to go about my day. It kinda of opens the province for thuggery. It's one thing for authorities to sheepishly stand by; quite an other for them to be a complicit rook in the thug's game.

I am not saying the BCWF should be funding individual assault cases irrespective the circumstances. That does seem to open a pretty stinky can of worms to me. However, I take RO's point about the organization dedicating resources in pushing the RCMP to do what they're supposed to be doing anyway. That doesn't seem like a worthwhile approach either. There must be a better way.
    Thats why I think the most interesting part would be if it even goes to trial or how the RCMP complaint is handled.

Sometimes the crown prefers to just kill something if they think it's going to interrupt the status quo
    Knowledgeable shooters agree- The 375 Ruger is the NEW KING of all 375 caliber cartridges. ALL HAIL THE NEW KING!

Blaming the RCMP officers is pointless as they DO WHAT the politicians TELL THEM TO DO. I have experienced harassment, threats and drunken assholian behaviour while working on an Alberta Forest Service fire tower and the local RCMP "staff" would do nothing.

I did not shoot the miscreants and they never returned, but, I know of other such situations and all I can say is bring in the military and sort these goons out once and for all.

Another possible charge is intimidation, which occurs when someone “blocks or obstructs a highway” for the purpose of preventing others from exercising their legal rights. [41] A highway is generally defined in B.C. law as any public road. [42] Thus an environmental protester blocking a logging road to stop a forest company from logging might be guilty of intimidation. A further possible charge is obstruction of a highway, which is a relatively obscure offence under the B.C. Highway Act.

Would this not be the initial fn charge what am I missing here????

[QUOTE=BgBlkDg;1884063] Blaming the RCMP officers is pointless as they DO WHAT the politicians TELL THEM TO DO. I have experienced harassment, threats and drunken assholian behaviour while working on an Alberta Forest Service fire tower and the local RCMP "staff" would do nothing.

And that is WHY the RCMP are usless in my opinion and we need A provincial Police force that will respond to the " GOOD TAXPAYERS OF THE BC PROVINCE " not to what a bunch of GOOFs working out of Ottawa say ! jmo RJ

[QUOTE=REMINGTON JIM;1884067]
    Quote Originally Posted by BgBlkDg View Post
    Blaming the RCMP officers is pointless as they DO WHAT the politicians TELL THEM TO DO. I have experienced harassment, threats and drunken assholian behaviour while working on an Alberta Forest Service fire tower and the local RCMP "staff" would do nothing.

And that is WHY the RCMP are usless in my opinion and we need A provincial Police force that will respond to the " GOOD TAXPAYERS OF THE BC PROVINCE " not to what a bunch of GOOFs working out of Ottawa say ! jmo RJ
    Here Here!
    He's anything but a hunter.
    More like another, Rain Coast Sociopath Fraud. Living off the prevails of his chronic lies, like the rest of them...

It's an issue, because these sociopath environmentalist's, will dilute the facts.
    To the point you or Joe public, won't know them any more..
    They count on that big time..

To Riverotter-You're right they are going to try to nail me to the cross for going thru and maybe they think that will make other resident hunters think twice. But I think I am going to prevail in court. I've been in court many times. I will clearly articulate my position and I believe a reasonable judge will find me not guilty. I think I will also she'd light on the RCMP's lack of action with the court case and my public complaint so that they are forced to do their job. I will be happy if I can drive into the Klappan River next year and see some other hunters with their camps set up, enjoying the beautiful country and hanging with their bud's. If that happens then my goal is accomplished.
    Mick McKee
    Hd09hogrider@Gmail
    Last edited by hogzotic; 02-27-2017 at 11:48 PM.

Any criticism directed at FN groups, no matter how valid

is taboo under the current social and political climate.

I have a feeling the charges are going to be dropped simply for political expediency, outta sight, outta mind,
    problem solved.

I would prefer that you did not quote me as saying what are actually RJ's comments.

I do not think that all RCMP officers are "goofs" and I worked with scores of them, many are brave, decent and honourable folks and I respect them.

The BC Provincial Police were no better and would also respond to Christy and her kind........an improvement?