Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Mountain sheep hunting

Re: Mountain sheep hunting

Why don't you guys knock this shit off. He applied for a tag and got it. Half the fun of getting an LEH tag is going somewhere new. If you can help him out, do so. If you don't want to, just leave the thread alone.

Some of you sound like he stole the draw out of your own pocket.
    Knowledgeable shooters agree- The 375 Ruger is the NEW KING of all 375 caliber cartridges. ALL HAIL THE NEW KING!

Yes agreed I did come across a little blunt which is not usually the case I'm usually a tame and helpful contributor but it is the internet so it happens sometimes

anyways

id start online obviously all hunting forums even Alberta and USA ones have info about our bc sheep

email the local CO ask questions

Order a couple hunting books on the subject

you will be hard pressed for direct info on hbc maybe a couple PMs but it's a tight lipped community on the sheep subject hence some of the responses

youtube watch every stone sheep hunting video

head to the sheep show in Kamloops in march, that's a gold mine of guys who are experts and new sheep hunters alike, go to the sheep count in interior get some practice behind the glass you will need it

basiclly totally Immerse yourself in the subject and maybe you see a sheep, that's hunting

good luck

no hard feelings

make the regs your bible

I am doing online research about that area, checking roads access, using google earth, and reading forums.
    I got this draw for 6-20 part A so that's not a really huge area.... but still have to do homework.

FINALLY somebody used the term "leghumper". I've been waiting and waiting.

Congrats on the tag ... honour it and plan and GO. Worst case you have an adventure and see a new part of the province.
    ἀλήθεια

Make like a baby and head out!

Haney,BC and anywhere you can hunt in BC out of the rain !

Quote Originally Posted by Steelpulse View Post
    Yes agreed I did come across a little blunt which is not usually the case I'm usually a tame and helpful contributor but it is the internet so it happens sometimes

anyways

id start online obviously all hunting forums even Alberta and USA ones have info about our bc sheep

email the local CO ask questions

Order a couple hunting books on the subject

you will be hard pressed for direct info on hbc maybe a couple PMs but it's a tight lipped community on the sheep subject hence some of the responses

youtube watch every stone sheep hunting video

head to the sheep show in Kamloops in march, that's a gold mine of guys who are experts and new sheep hunters alike, go to the sheep count in interior get some practice behind the glass you will need it

basiclly totally Immerse yourself in the subject and maybe you see a sheep, that's hunting

good luck

no hard feelings

make the regs your bible
    Great advice Steelpulse.....
    7mm PRC soon to be the most popular cartridge in North America

Quote Originally Posted by Gatehouse View Post
    Why don't you guys knock this shit off. He applied for a tag and got it. Half the fun of getting an LEH tag is going somewhere new. If you can help him out, do so. If you don't want to, just leave the thread alone.
    Some of you sound like he stole the draw out of your own pocket.
    X2 on this, And first off Congratulations on your draw dude!! He has time to do some homework, he is trying and making effort to go on this hunt, he is looking for some intel and experience on a spot he hasn't been, many of us appreciate any help what so ever, very sad how many of you guys act on this forum, if you don't have anything positive to say, don't say it at all. Best of luck Dorarem, one thing I'll warn you about..... Sheep hunting is extremely addictive!!! Haha definitely try and make the sheep show in Kamloops, Clay Langcaster is doing a seminar and I've gone to a few and such great info he has to pass on!! Also they are doing a caping demonstration and ear/ lip turning for sheep which will be great to listen in on and ask questions!
    Last edited by Backwoods; 02-26-2017 at 02:33 PM.