Thread: Excalibur micro suppressor

Excalibur micro suppressor

Shoulders have been bothering me for the past while so I sold my compound and ordered an excalibur micro supressor. Did this without seeing one hands on. Reviews are great but finding one was a chore. Anybody have any input on what broadhead to use on the excaliburs?

2. Site Sponsor

Cool Re: Excalibur micro suppressor

Quote Originally Posted by donny.brooke View Post
    Shoulders have been bothering me for the past while so I sold my compound and ordered an excalibur micro supressor. Did this without seeing one hands on. Reviews are great but finding one was a chore. Anybody have any input on what broadhead to use on the excaliburs?
    Methinks you will be impressed from what I have heard & read.
    With it's 280 lb draw producing 340 fps out of such a small frame it is very impressive!

Two schools of thought on the broadheads - fixed or mechanical.

In the fixed department I do not think you can go far wrong with the Slick Tricks offerings. I don't use them, but many I know do (including my Partner) and they have proven quite lethal.

In the mechanical department I would suggest the NAP Spitfire. These are what I use. Field point accurate (only ones I ever found that truly are) and result in very good and short blood trails.

Weights will be dependent upon which type / style of arrow and inserts you go with. Usually either 100 or 125 grains.

Excalibur offers a great resource for users of their equipment in their own forum. Loads of great people, well experienced and most share good info quite freely: http://www.excaliburcrossbow.com/phpBB2/index.php

Welcome to your new Addiction.

Cheers,
    Nog
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zVNNhzkJ-UU&feature=related

Egotistical, Self Centered, Son of a Bitch Killer that Doesn't Play Well With Others.

Guess he got to Know me

Re: Excalibur micro suppressor

Joined the excalibur forum, I see you already found me on there Nog.

Cocked and uncocked it for the first time tonight. In fact its the first time cocking and uncocking a crossbow at all. Holy crap these things are freaking haywire lol. Scares the crap out of me, lots of pent up energy in those short little limbs. Going to shoot it tomorow.

Shot the crossbow today and first shot string dampers flew off, limb damper split and noticed after limb tiller was off on one side. Not impressed so its going back for a refund.

Me and my hunting partner have shot two bull elk (one at 45yds and the other at 65yds) with Rage mechanicals and no complaints, both dropped dead within 75yds with outrageous blood trails and complete pass through.