Thread: Spring Grizzly Help! - MU 3-43

Spring Grizzly Help! - MU 3-43

Hello everyone!

As you all know the spring LEH results are out and I sadly didn't pull anything But a friend of mine pulled a spring grizz tag for MU 3-43. Neither of us have hunted grizzly or even been in that area before. If anyone has any tips and tricks for grizzly or experience in this management unit any and all input is appreciated!

Thanks very much!
    See the swing...hear the ding!

2. Site Sponsor

Re: Spring Grizzly Help! - MU 3-43

I got this draw too,
    buddy from work goes with some guys up that way. They have harvested griZz. Thick steep country from what I hear. Very beautiful. Will be my first time up that way too. My buddy only saw a sow with cub. But did take a 6.5 ft black bear. Tones of black bears. I'll be taking a BB if I see one first. I have read mixed things on this site about the area so I'm interested on hearing what ppl have to say. Either way a trip in new country won't be a loss.

I grew up in the area and can tell you that there are shit loads of black bears in both 3-43 and 3-44, not sure about grizz though. Never hunted 3-43 much but there's no shortage of black bears that's for sure. Definitely some thick, steep country as mentioned. I have yet to hunt anywhere thicker than the Blue River area.

If i remember correctly all the south facing slopes will be on the
    side where the logging road is and you will on .
    So you will be glassing the north slopes , which i found to still dead from winter .
    I did see a sow with 3 cubs this was about 5 years ago .

Thanks for the info everyone! It will be fun to see new country but sounds like we have our work cut out for us haha

So once again the same buddy pulled this same tag! We went up there last year and were able to harvest a decent blackie but no grizz sadly. Anyone else have any experience in this area? Any and all help is appreciated!