Page 5 of 16 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast

Thread: Why hunt Grizz?

Re: Why hunt Grizz?

Quote Originally Posted by bloody bellies View Post
    thrill of the hunt for such a dangerous predator, and the rug
    I haven't hunted griz yet, but these would be my reasons.
    Is Justin Competent, or just incompetent?

I enjoy the hunt it self more than anything. The country I hunt them in and I find grizz an impressive animal

I enjoy eating and hunting bears in general look forward to it every spring

Really the ? Of why hunt any animal can be asked and many have different reasons. I hunt for the chase and enjoy game meat. I will also hunt/trap other preds for their hide and sell it

I hunt. Therefore I am.

Quote Originally Posted by moosinaround View Post
    I hunt grizz firstly, to aid in the management of the species. I hunt grizz because I can hunt grizz. I hunt grizz because it's the ultimate prey animal where I reside, and if I kill one it is because I was the ultimate predator!! I hunt grizz because I enjoy recreating in the habitat the grizz lives in. Moosin
    Very well said, you nailed it.

Quote Originally Posted by AgSilver View Post
    This is an interesting one. "I hunt because I can." Arguably, the grizzly hunts for food. I'm guessing (and I might be wrong, I'm no expert on animal behaviour) that the grizzly probably doesn't "waste" much of what it kills (by that I just mean that it eats most of it...although I know some is left for scavengers).

4, I think?

A category unto itself, for sure.

No judgment here, man...definitely not wrong! I think it'd just make me sweaty, though...

Revanant #5!

This fits in a bit with Dougie's comment above...I'd think.
    Actually your 100% wrong about grizzlies hunting for food. Grizzlies kill other animals because they know they can. Maybe they want to "dominate nature" as you would put it. Sure they eat meat but they kill for fun. 2 years ago a good friend of mine had a grizzly on his ranch that killed 9 yearlings and didn't eat a thin. Threw them around and jumped up and down on them just because it could. I'm sure there's many more stories like this. Iv been nose to nose with grizzlies before and had them charge. Not because they are scared because they know they can win. Fired a 12 Guage over ones head at 15 feet and it just starred and popped it's jaw before charging again. They are an apex predator. Give your head a shake if you think they are just another animal out there minding their own business. They have no morals or code of ethics. North America's wilderness gangsters. And this, this is what makes them so much fun to hunt.

Quote Originally Posted by untilthelastbeat View Post
    Actually your 100% wrong about grizzlies hunting for food. Grizzlies kill other animals because they know they can. Maybe they want to "dominate nature" as you would put it. Sure they eat meat but they kill for fun. 2 years ago a good friend of mine had a grizzly on his ranch that killed 9 yearlings and didn't eat a thin. Threw them around and jumped up and down on them just because it could. I'm sure there's many more stories like this. Iv been nose to nose with grizzlies before and had them charge. Not because they are scared because they know they can win. Fired a 12 Guage over ones head at 15 feet and it just starred and popped it's jaw before charging again. They are an apex predator. Give your head a shake if you think they are just another animal out there minding their own business. They have no morals or code of ethics. North America's wilderness gangsters. And this, this is what makes them so much fun to hunt.

Well done, and correct.

I haven't hunted one yet but its on my list. I do hunt blacks though. It satisfies a primal instinct I guess? It's a calling in my blood that I just can't ignore. See, thinking about a reply gets me all riled up right now. I just want to go out in the mountains, have a break from all the mundane stuff and claim that mountain my territory!

Reason #12: a pair of skivvies made out of grizzly fur are not only comfortable, they're damn sexy.

Because I want to bang a hot young blonde on a grizzly rug I risked my life to acquire.
    Last edited by Sharpish; 02-21-2017 at 08:26 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Travalanche View Post
    Its good to know we have a resident psychiatrist we can consult when we need to be told the reasoning behind the reasons we have given. Thanks for free consult!
    He's virtue signalling,lumping hunters into "virtuous" (meat hunters) and " immoral" (trophy hunters).
    He applying Identity politics to hunters rationale, this is the world we live in.