Page 6 of 16 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Thread: Why hunt Grizz?

Re: Why hunt Grizz?

Thanks Sharpish finally someone with some sense! Captain Morgan or M.Dean couldn't have said it better Now back to my HighBrow reading Horsee
    PIGS IS PIGS;BUT HOG'S IS HOGS!

Quote Originally Posted by Sharpish View Post
    Because I want to bang a hot young blonde on a grizzly rug I risked my life to acquire.

Ok.....this could be the winner!!!

Because as you may be out hunting the grizz he may be hunting you.
    The thrill the adrenaline rush as you are walking around not knowing if a grizz is going to be at the next corner or not.
    Nothing is like climbing a mountain, and then feeling like you are at the top of the world.

Quote Originally Posted by Travalanche View Post
    6. The challenge
    You got it man!

Quote Originally Posted by moosinaround View Post
    I hunt grizz firstly, to aid in the management of the species. I hunt grizz because I can hunt grizz. I hunt grizz because it's the ultimate prey animal where I reside, and if I kill one it is because I was the ultimate predator!! I hunt grizz because I enjoy recreating in the habitat the grizz lives in. Moosin
    And you my friend nailed it on the head!

Quote Originally Posted by Stone C. Killer View Post
    I hunt grizz because I believe in conservation and taking advantage of hunting opportunities. If nobody did it the chance to hunt grizz and get out into the spring mountains would be lost. I like spring hunting and find it very refreshing after the winter.
    These are my biggest reasons....

Wall to wall Grizz carpet...

A couple more pelts and we will have over 400 sq ft!

Had them all hand cut down to a random 5/8" to 7/8" pile...

Looks awesome with the different colour phases, feels great on the, "bear" feet...
    He's anything but a hunter.
    More like another, Rain Coast Sociopath Fraud. Living off the prevails of his chronic lies, like the rest of them...

It's an issue, because these sociopath environmentalist's, will dilute the facts.
    To the point you or Joe public, won't know them any more..
    They count on that big time..

I hunt and eat black bears, enjoy their hunt, and wanted to try Grizzly.
    What goes around, comes around. Think first, and always act with respect.

I could go on and on about the reasons why, but what stands to me is the self ...the importance of challenging yourself and finding limits, or surpassing them. It's been mentioned the Grizzlies are the only true "Dangerous Game". To me they're more than that as I am a firm believer in consuming what I hunt. I'm looking forward not just for the end result, I'm looking forward to learn, learn more about myself, the bear, the hunt. I respect nature and the bears and in turn I hope I'll find the opportunity to harvest one for the ages.

Summarizing: you're always searching for the pieces of self, each and every hunt, specie will add a different colourful piece into the wonderful mosaic we keep growing into ...because at the end, when the man comes to collect, you're left with the memories.
    Reason is not automatic. Those who deny it cannot be conquered by it.

Ayn Rand

It always amazes me how as a group with a common bond we have this need to label and judge our peers, when others hunting practices or goals do not mesh with yours. The bow guys take issue the gun guys, the meat guys find the trophy guys off putting and immoral etc.... As long as everyone is playing within the rules who the F@&K am I to judge. All we do when we as a group open these can of worms to a public forum is give the anti-hunting establishment ammo basic divide and conquer.
    Why do it it? Why not! Sheep and elk ain't my bag, but i don't begrudge them in fact I wish them well and hope they have all the success in the world.
    Why do it? Love, passion, heritage, conservation, camaraderie, grooming the next generation, because I can.