Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Kyrgastan sheep hunt

Re: Kyrgastan sheep hunt

I imagine them critters have good eyes? That big open country, can see why some fine marksmanship can be an asset!
    The only advantage to a light rifle is it's weight, all other advantages go to the heavier rifle..

The first pic was one of many times we had to pull horses through deep snow,the next pic is a remote military base in the mnts (you can see they only have the best equipment and acomadations for there people) next pic is at camp kitchen and everyone is waiting to feed on the sheep that i shot that day(Kyrgastan people are not aloud to shoot Marco Polo sheep,so a meal of this is a real treat) last pic is of camp, looks like an old gypsy camp but was very cosy compared to were the dog slept

Did you take Diamox? If so before the trip or just during? Any trouble with altitude sickness? Thanks.

I did take Diamox 1 day before getting there and first 2 days of hunt, then i was good.

Quote Originally Posted by turbolar View Post
    My gun was a Feirce firearms 300 rum, The dog was was the tough one it was -32 that night, i woke up went out to take a leak and almost steped on him (he had his snow camo gear on) The hunt cost was 18,500 us. The regular price was 38,000 us (ouch), but it was worth every cent, the people treat you like a king, the scenery was breathtaking. I have so many stories and memorys from this trip to last the rest of my life. Thanks everyone, i hope that everyone that loves hunting as much as i do gets the same experiance many times i there life time too. I will send more pics to the kind person that posted these so he can put them up for your enjoyment.
    thank you, sounds like one heck of an accurate rifle. I'm a bit of a softy, I feel sorry for the dog just looking at it.

This looks like an incredible hunthe. Congrats man!