Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Kyrgastan sheep hunt

Kyrgastan sheep hunt

Got a chance to check something off my bucket list that i never thought would happen. Got a call from a friend that was offered a Marco Polo and Ibex hunt in Kyrgastan for less than half price,it was a last minute cancelation. The crazy part was i had 2 weeks before leaving. So the date came fast. After 30 plus hours of flying and layovers i arived at Bishkek airport, then 12 hours later in landcrusier arived at base camp. Base camp was at 10,200 ft, we hunted to as high as 14,000ft elevation (thanks to doc for high elevation pills) sited in my rifle that day next day off hunting. Got up at 6, went out side to -30, took one look at the hores i was to ride and thought how will i ever get on with all this gear on (plus never road a horse before) finally got on and off hunting. First day was awesome seen over 300 sheep,but not the one i wanted to shoot. Made it though the whole day without falling off. Next day up at 6 off on horses again, 10 miles for camp already seen over 200 sheep, finally seen two groups that were all rams, one of 5 rams and one of 10 rams. I decided i want to shoot one ram from the group of the 5, the closest i could get was 820 yards, so i did my bulistic calculatios, layed down and got set to shot. One shot and i got this beautiful ram, what an awsome day. The next day went Ibex hunting and seen about 200 Ibex in fist 5 miles from camp, was geting more used to this horse riding now (still havent fell off yet) then we spotted a group of over 100 Ibex, with a lot of scrambling managed to get to a spot to shoot. After glassing for a short time i decide to take one. Right when i was getting ready to shoot 2 wolfs showed up, luckly i was able to get off a shot and got my Ibex at 740 yards. Awesome hunt and great people in Kyrgastan, here are a few pics of my once in a lifetime hunt. Sorry i have being trying to down load pics for hours, no luck. Could someone PLEASE HELP a hunter in need !!!!!!!!!!!

2. Site Sponsor

Re: Kyrgastan sheep hunt

Way to go. Sounds like a hunt of a lifetime. Looking forward to the pictures. Those were some real long shots you made. What kind of rifle are you shooting?
    WSSBC Life Member
    WSSBC Monarch Member
    CCFR Member

Outstanding trip and story so far. Looking forward to the pics as well.

The short notice probably had you jacked from the moment you got the call until after you got home. Good shooting with those long shots. Congrats, hunt of a lifetime no doubt.
    Finland is a neutral country - but the guns point to the east.

Congrats! sounds like a awesome hunt. I too am curious to what rifle/bullet combo you used? Looking forward to the pics as well.

Wow man what a stroke of luck to go. Great shooting also.

crazy crazy good job! man those are some far shots! cant wait to see pics

I am shooting a Feirce 300 rum (230 grain burgers) custom hand loads. If someone on here could help me i would love to share some pics with everyone.

Arrow Re: Kyrgastan sheep hunt

Quote Originally Posted by turbolar View Post
    ... If someone on here could help me i would love to share some pics with everyone.
    Email sent...
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zVNNhzkJ-UU&feature=related

Egotistical, Self Centered, Son of a Bitch Killer that Doesn't Play Well With Others.

Guess he got to Know me

I shoot the same rifle. Extremely accurate. Look forward to the pics
    WSSBC Life Member
    WSSBC Monarch Member
    CCFR Member

Thumbs up Re: Kyrgastan sheep hunt

Here you go Turbolar:

One hell of an Incredible Hunt and two Extremely Fine Trophies!
    I must admit I am more than a little envious!!

Cheers,
    Nog
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zVNNhzkJ-UU&feature=related

Egotistical, Self Centered, Son of a Bitch Killer that Doesn't Play Well With Others.

Guess he got to Know me