Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Spring Bear Meat

Re: Spring Bear Meat

Slow cook it in a crack pot Filipino adobo style. Bear meat surprisingly goes well with Filipino cooking.

cut it ourselves and we don't mix anything with it . very good table fare like extra lean beef. stews burger sausages curries its all good . very versitile
    “Life moves pretty fast. If you don’t stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it.”

you guys that don cut in., how is it now all falling apart and dry. thats what i got when i didnt have any fat to add

Great thread Im looking forward to getting a bear this year, thanks for all the answers. All hunters should think about doing their part and taking a bear or two this year, & help out the ungulates. Thats my reasoning as Ive never had the desire to shoot a bear. I f every hunter took a bear Im sure it would make a difference.

Quote Originally Posted by Bonz View Post
    you guys that don cut in., how is it now all falling apart and dry. thats what i got when i didnt have any fat to add
    most of the time for me dry is good (sauces and goolashes)..if you are doing meatballs or patties, a bit of egg will keep it all stuck together...if it is too dry for your tastes, try shredding in some raw potatoes before cooking...sometimes I cut spicy sausages up (as crude meatballs) to add in with the wild meat spag sauce...

Quote Originally Posted by wideopenthrottle View Post
    most of the time for me dry is good (sauces and goolashes)..if you are doing meatballs or patties, a bit of egg will keep it all stuck together...if it is too dry for your tastes, try shredding in some raw potatoes before cooking...sometimes I cut spicy sausages up (as crude meatballs) to add in with the wild meat spag sauce...
    Im sure some bacon could work as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Spy View Post
    Im sure some bacon could work as well.
    mmmmmmmmmmmmmm bacon..mmmmmmmm

No matter what the question, bacon is usually a good answer.

Quote Originally Posted by wideopenthrottle View Post
    mmmmmmmmmmmmmm bacon..mmmmmmmm
    Bacon & bear Mmmmmm Save on Foods has bacon on special $2.79 per pack, just saying

Done pretty much what was mentioned here but my thing now is bear Summer sausage in 3 inch casings.Super Good.Got the Recipe at home.I'm at work with a sprained ankle supposedly watching Safety Videos.Ssshhh!