Page 2 of 41 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: Spring Black Bear

Re: Spring Black Bear

Oh and, big poop = big bear I find, if ya find an area with big piles, keep hunting that area...

Spiral cut, slow cooked smokehouse ham. The only problem is over eating.
    If you can pack it in, You can pack it out !!!

UNITED WE STAND, DIVIDED WE FALL !!!

BCWF
    WSSBC
    CCFR
    " The secret of change is to focus all your energy, not on fighting the old, but building on the new"
    Socrates.

Yeah look for poo that's pop can size lol. That's a big one. Black bear scat comes out green and oxides quickly. So break the piles open the greener the fresher. If you find poo that's green outside start calling. I have personally had huge success calling blackies in. Once you see one in a cut block you can call them closer with a rabbit in distress. But yeah watch for cubs, don't shoot fast, and most of all know your size. Bears look huge at a distance. You want a pumpkin head with short ears far apart or on the sides of the head almost. A belly that hangs low, or legs that look short. And watch the bears behaviour. Young bears always look over there shoulders where as big boars don't care. Great luck and have fun I like bear hunting more then any other hunt. Cheers SS Pm me fore more if you like

Quote Originally Posted by snipersights View Post
    Yeah look for poo that's pop can size lol. That's a big one. Black bear scat comes out green and oxides quickly. So break the piles open the greener the fresher. If you find poo that's green outside start calling. I have personally had huge success calling blackies in. Once you see one in a cut block you can call them closer with a rabbit in distress. But yeah watch for cubs, don't shoot fast, and most of all know your size. Bears look huge at a distance. You want a pumpkin head with short ears far apart or on the sides of the head almost. A belly that hangs low, or legs that look short. And watch the bears behaviour. Young bears always look over there shoulders where as big boars don't care. Great luck and have fun I like bear hunting more then any other hunt. Cheers SS Pm me fore more if you like
    What do you use for a call? I wanna try that this year.
    I see rabbit in distress but any recommendations on which one?

Old sows fool lotsa guys, as they have short legs and have some of the characteristics of a bigger bear.
    The face doesn't lie though. Big boars have blocky snouts, hump between the ears, visible necks when viewed broadside and walk with serious "swagger".

Middle of May this Year will be late Spring. Can Scout earlier if You do not mind wasting Gas. Good Luck.

While any predator call can work, the Wayne Carlton bear call is amazing. Just be prepared for the odd bear that really doesn't care that you turned out to be human. I had one so worked up one evening, that even after I spined him he continued towards me, pulling himself with his front legs. The few seconds of his eyes locked on me and shear determination to "end me" is still burned in my memory.

Quote Originally Posted by smallfry14 View Post
    What do you use for a call? I wanna try that this year.
    I see rabbit in distress but any recommendations on which one?
    Fawn call, Fawn call..

Did I say Fawn call?..
    He's anything but a hunter.
    More like another, Rain Coast Sociopath Fraud. Living off the prevails of his chronic lies, like the rest of them...

It's an issue, because these sociopath environmentalist's, will dilute the facts.
    To the point you or Joe public, won't know them any more..
    They count on that big time..

Quote Originally Posted by elkhunter1 View Post
    Middle of May this Year will be late Spring. Can Scout earlier if You do not mind wasting Gas. Good Luck.
    If your goal is shear numbers, I'd agree. But if you're hunting quality and can read sign, early May is your huckleberry. The greener it gets, the more the bears spread out.

May is the best time imo, is nice time when there's little to lots of green stuff to focus on

when fawns are dropping that's a great time for distress call

either walk and glass good areas or drive a ton until you see one

anywhere in interior is a good place, any fsr off any highway just give a couple days doing either technique you will find some bears